I need help

The-Fett

Reaction score
"05 6.0 powerstroke starts,idles and runs fine but there is no power under acceleration. All gauges check out ipr was rebuilt less than 1k ago. New low pressure fuel pump, map sensor, barometer and eBP sensor.
Turbo spools and produces 26lbs boost but there is no power. Also no codes thrown

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
I don't know much about 6.0s but my boss has a 03 6.0 and his did that and it was the hpop. Started fine, idled fine, would rev in park or neutral fine. But when you were in gear it had no power. Ran smooth as could be but wouldn't go over 52-53 mph. And took forever to get there. New hpop and it runs strong.

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

prototypemo

Reaction score
could it still be the hpop even though it has a new icp and icp guage reads in the correct parameters? wouldnt I be able to see a leak in the icp reading?

prototypemo

Reaction score
i unplugged the ebp...it ran worse. and after starting it my icp shot to 1370....then went to high idle and the icp lowered. After the truck got to operating temp the icp settled at 585...its like 35 degrees here. and its never done that before? at high idle my ipr was 43.9 and at low idle it was 22-24...any other sugestions or ideas?

to give more info. rebuilt ipr, new icp, cleaned tube and new map, cleaned ebp and tube, ficm every now and then falls to 47.5 but no lower, cleaned maf, new fuel pump and filters. late 04 build so no stc fitting, ball check valve still present in the hpop, new blue spring, cleaned vgt solenoid, egr cooler delete, egr still present but clean and not coked up, think might have stuck vanes but that wouldnt cause it to run poorly would it? my vgt on my scan guage seems to be operating in all ranges, new cac boot as i split one recently, new barometer....I think that about sums it up. everything I read off my scan gauge seems to operating properly. I just have no power on accel. could it be my pcm possibly? the past few days my scanguage would randomly turn itself off and on? thanks in advance for any help guys

The-Fett

Reaction score
Just to clear this up I'm helping prototypemo fix his truck and we are both stumped as to what it could be.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Kind of spotty information/wording, but disconnect the down pipe, or at the cat and run open exhaust. This kinds sorta maybe possibly sounds like a clogged cat

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
icp went to 1370 when you did what? That is default calculation. Replace the icp sensor.

The-Fett

Reaction score
Unplugged the eBP sensor. Ran open down pipe with same result. Still no change we are lost

prototypemo

Reaction score
icp went to 1370 when you did what? That is default calculation. Replace the icp sensor.

it shot up when I disconnected the ebp sensor and tried driving it. also its a new icp....after it shot up to 1370 on start up it eventually settled back down to 585 when the truck reached proper operating temp?

prototypemo

Reaction score
Kind of spotty information/wording, but disconnect the down pipe, or at the cat and run open exhaust. This kinds sorta maybe possibly sounds like a clogged cat

has cat delete, so nothing to clog up....? but i did think that though so visually verified there was nothing clogged in the exhaust

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
new icp sensor, but what brand? Ive had parts store sensors changed then truck brought in and I assumed they were new OEM, but they were junk aftermarkets. I could tell cause the o ring color

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
it shot up when I disconnected the ebp sensor and tried driving it. also its a new icp....after it shot up to 1370 on start up it eventually settled back down to 585 when the truck reached proper operating temp?

ok ebp sensors have been known to internally short out killing the 5 volt ref, and shutting the truck down...

Also check the plug for green cavities!!!

prototypemo

Reaction score
ok, but if that were the case then wouldnt the truck run better if I unplugged it? and if it shorted out would i still be able to get a reading on my scanguage? also on koeo my ebp, map and baro are all within .5 of eachother?

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
ok, but if that were the case then wouldnt the truck run better if I unplugged it? and if it shorted out would i still be able to get a reading on my scanguage? also on koeo my ebp, map and baro are all within .5 of eachother?

Not your issue then is it...

What is icp pressure while driving? Keep in mind if its tuned the psi pid wont read correctly. You would have to watch the voltage pid.
Next. Start the truck and while its idling, unplug the vgt plug on the turbo and listen for a engine/exhaust tone change.
Lastly. Where are you getting your reading from for boost? Manual boot gauge, or scan gauge, with or with out scanner, which would take the reading from the factory map sensor.
Also if you can drive the truck and see what ebp pressure is while the truck makes whatever it can boost wise and report back.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online