I need rear springs, what to buy?

bluedge8

Reaction score
my rear leafs are broke, and will be replaced soon. but I want to buy the right ones for me. I don't want to lift the truck at all, anything at stock level is fine. I am leaning on going to a lighter rear spring and running helper air bags, any advice on this? Also, am I going to have problems with the factory shackles?, I will be buying new u bolts so I'm not worried about them. thanks for any advice

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I think PMF has a kit to do the 2011 rear swap as the spring is longer, has only 2+1 vs the older designs. I believe you can swap any of the other springs, upto 08 or so in.
Depending on $, call deaver and have them make you a set or if $ is tight, check MN auto recyclers and you can find a lot on there using part search. Got my 4.30 rear axle for my 02 that way.

bluedge8

Reaction score
hey thanks for responding, some days it kinda feels like I'm not one of the cool kids around here,,,,, um well that's probably true haha. I think I just sold the truck so I'm actually going to install the cheapest set I can find and call it a day.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
hey thanks for responding, some days it kinda feels like I'm not one of the cool kids around here,,,,, um well that's probably true haha. I think I just sold the truck so I'm actually going to install the cheapest set I can find and call it a day.

Yeah, I get that feeling as well, its all good! :grouphug:
You and I are a bit older, I'm thinking vs many of the forums, it seems but it is what it is.

Anyway, Sounds good. btw, Didn't you have a van that had some speed parts?

Tom S

Reaction score
I think you should at least consider doing the B code SD rear springs which are very close to stock height and ride better. It only takes a little drilling out of the hanger and shackle to use those.

bluedge8

Reaction score
thanks for responding Tom, I have been more than busy this year and don't get much time on here other than just to read. I ended up buying the "stock" springs due to cost, I got the pair delivered to the house for about the same price as one super duty spring. It did ride much better though, probably because the old springs were so bad.

Latest posts

Members online