IC BOOTS

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Setting boost boots isn't as easy as you think. Besides cleaning them real well, alot of it has to do with stress and position of the tube. Both boots have to be relaxed and the pipe in the most lax position. Can't have any binding, think of how much that pipe torques when under load

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
While we're on topic, does any aftermarket makes their boots like factory with the inside ledge that seats into the tube? The ones I bought don't and I'm not happy about it, I like factory boots best

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
While we're on topic, does any aftermarket makes their boots like factory with the inside ledge that seats into the tube? The ones I bought don't and I'm not happy about it, I like factory boots best
i haven't seen aftermarkets with the lip.

live life full throttle

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score

BD boots do. We carry them.

http://www.dp-tuner.com/ford-powers...cessories/intercooler-boot-and-clamp-kit.html

You can see them in the picture.

1047030_web_zpss6x93zfe.jpg

uncool

Reaction score
You know, I still haven't blown a factory boot off the intake with a factory pipe and clamp at over 60 psi.

I don't know how to solve your problem.

No help from me.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
You know, I still haven't blown a factory boot off the intake with a factory pipe and clamp at over 60 psi.

I don't know how to solve your problem.

No help from me.

its probably because you make more power than everyone else , duh !

Last edited:
Reaction score
I assume your clamps are no providing adequate pressure on the silicone. Because if it had enough, it should not blow. I've ran 100psi on 3" boots with nothing but a single clamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
thats prolly why i havnt seen them.. i dont look much past the BD label.. lol

live life full throttle

We actually only carry a few BD parts. The boots are good quality from what I have seen and heard from customers. Actually I haven't heard a single complaint about them, come to think of it.

this is what i have and they are double clamped on the ic tubes only.. no issues.. http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/complete-cac-intercooler-boot-kit-99-03/

live life full throttle

I personally have the Riffraff boots on my rig as well. No issues with them either.

Latest posts

Members online