ICP question edge programmer

lowKuntryMilitia

Reaction score
Hey yall got a few goodies put on the truck and my edge programmer at warm idle is around 470-485 and at 70mph its 2500 psi...just wondering what numbers some of yall have seen and if my numbers are ok thanks for ur input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

nwpastroker

Reaction score
Are you running the edge as a programmer or just a monitor? Custom tunes are the way to go for a 7.3. As far as your numbers, it all depends on your tuning and what you have done to the truck. I know my idle numbers are a bit higher and crusin down the road is higher, but it all depends on mods and tuning,

lowKuntryMilitia

Reaction score
Using it as a programmer have some inner motor work done bigger turbo performance hpop and some riff raff goodies waiting to get some bigger injectors

PatriotHauling

Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by custom tune?

A tune made by someone with a 7.3L in mind. Over at Edge they tune for trucks in general, one size fits all. A custom tuner tunes with YOUR truck in mind.

Especially with your mods. They will take that info into account and give you the best performance and reliability. If you have those kind of mods (especially injectors) that edge will eat your truck alive.

Reasonable choices in no particular order:
http://www.dp-tuner.com/
http://www.gopowerhungry.com/
http://www.gearheadautomotiveperformance.com/

bruce

Reaction score
you need to do some wot throttle runs to 80-90 mph and watch the icp in conjunction with ipr duty cycle to see if your hpop is healthy. you say you have an ungraded pump but if you don't know what a custom tune is then it might just be a stock pump that someone told you was upgraded

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
you need to do some wot throttle runs to 80-90 mph and watch the icp in conjunction with ipr duty cycle to see if your hpop is healthy. you say you have an ungraded pump but if you don't know what a custom tune is then it might just be a stock pump that someone told you was upgraded

:whs:

ICP numbers can fluctuate greatly while just cruising. You need to be under a load to see the numbers that really matter. Even a very weak pump can keep up with cruising/normal driving pressures, but once you put it under a load(WOT) they can drop off dramatically.

lowKuntryMilitia

Reaction score
Ok so what are good numbers under a load? And i know what a custom tune is just the way it was worded wanted to make sure we were on the same page...i know its a upgraded hpop from the reciepts but just would like to know if my numbers seem healthy thanks

Latest posts

Members online