Ideas for flushing intercooler after catastrophic turbo failure?

ghohouston

Reaction score
O.p. Just incase you don't understand, you CANNOT use your e99 up pipes with the l99-03 turbo/pedestal. You would have to use late 99-2003 up pipes.

RattlinFord

Reaction score
That's what I originally thought...but then he mentioned brass donuts and I started thinking...and craving donuts. It's ok, I'm keeping my stock turbo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uncool

Reaction score
After you let drain for a while on its side, couple cans of brake clean, the lay it flat, put 2 gallons of simple green in it and let is soak. Slosh it around every couple hours. Empty out the inter cooler back to the simple green containers, rinse with water. blow it out, set it out in the sun for a day and put it back in the truck.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Oil - fill it with your choice of cleaner and hook up a shop vac to dry it out. I've used brake cleaner, carb cleaner, Simple Green, Spray Nine in the past and washed out the cleaner with water. I then hooked up the vac to dry it out.

Metal- replace it.....there is no way to clean it out 100% and know if it's clean.

Billy T.
[email protected]
this, only i recommend oil eater from tractor supply... its fricken amazing.
Houston it's kinda pointless to quote a post that is right above your post.

Just saying. Derail over

Some kinda degreaser should get the oil out.
unless you're on Tapatalk and its set to notify of any quotes then the person gets the answer faster..
They don't work as planned. Don't ask how I know.

DSC_0144_zps645fb3a2.jpg

DSC_0143_zpsee5aea07.jpg

DSC_0142_zps6fd17e4e.jpg

Billy T.
[email protected]
x2 i had the exact same experience...
After you let drain for a while on its side, couple cans of brake clean, the lay it flat, put 2 gallons of simple green in it and let is soak. Slosh it around every couple hours. Empty out the inter cooler back to the simple green containers, rinse with water. blow it out, set it out in the sun for a day and put it back in the truck.
holy chit. your still around?

that was for magnum too.. just to ruffle his feathers...

live life full throttle

old man dave

Reaction score
I used a 4:1 water/Simple Green solution and sloshed it for 10 minutes. the stuff came out really black. Then rinsed with water and repeated the 4:1 treatment two more times, then rinsed with water a couple of times and let it dry.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
this, only i recommend oil eater from tractor supply... its fricken amazing.

unless you're on Tapatalk and its set to notify of any quotes then the person gets the answer faster..

x2 i had the exact same experience...

holy chit. your still around?

that was for magnum too.. just to ruffle his feathers...

live life full throttle

TOO MANY QUOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE reading!!!!

Magnum PD

Reaction score

This can be looked at in a perverted way also.

Like what to do if your worried you scored a field goal on your one night stand

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Lincoln, I'm gonna check out TS for the oil eater stuff...thanks everyone!

good deal. now if there is any chance whatso***inever of metal getting in there, then scrap it and dont waist the good oil eater on a cooler with shrapnel in it that could potentially kill your motor!

live life full throttle

RattlinFord

Reaction score
I hear ya. I'm gonna look at it close, but it appears the seals failed, the wheel and all appears ok, but if i see any spots that look like they gave up some metal during the ordeal, the IC will be replaced.

Latest posts

Members online