idm mod

Tom S

Reaction score
What some guys have done is just order a few of those and then share with others.

DcMoore

Reaction score
Digikey.com is the place to get them... I'm assuming your doing this on an OBS? If so pm me your address and I'll send you one. I only have one more left for the SD.

ITUKMOR

Reaction score
We have seen that the 120 SD models last longer and respond better to being modded. And they work in the OBS as well.

Talyn

Reaction score
If your going to get an SD model, just drop that in and dont mod it. 120 is plenty.

But with the OBS being such a low voltage, modding them will make the injectors sound a bit snappier.
Though I have never noticed any effects from it.

old man dave

Reaction score
DigiKey P/N for 10-110 models:

SMD type, 75.0 kohm 1/4 watt 1% p/n 311-75.0 KFRCT-ND
Axial type, 75.0 kohm 1/4 watt 1% p/n 75.0KXBK-ND

DigiKey P/N for 120 models:

SMD type, 73.2 kohm 1/4 watt 1% p/n 311-73.2 KFRCT-ND
Axial type, 73.2 kohm 1/4 watt 1% p/n 73.2 KXBK-ND

SMDs are the block style ones like the original ones in the IDM. Axial ones are like the regular resistors you see at the "Shack". These resistors are close tolerance (1%accuracy), stable with high temperature changes, do not change value over time and best of all, don't cost much more than the "Shack's" junk. Regular 63/37 electronic solder works great here.

As far as the 120 models lasting longer? I have an original JoeServo modded 100 model IDM that's at least 10 years old and still works great.

old man dave

Reaction score
Sorry, it should have read 100-110, the number is on the sticker for the IDM. The 75kohm ones are the ones used for the 100 and 110 IDMs (OBS). The 120 models take the 73.2 kohm resistor. Either the SMD or axial type will work, however the SMD replacement is slightly smaller than the original SMD (block style) resistor and is a little difficult to solder into place. Some have used the axial type (wire lead type) since it may be easier to solder into place. Support the axial resistor with a daub of RTV. The finished resistance when the job is done is around 29-30 kohms (due to circuit resistance) measured at the ends of the resistor. If its not, the solder job needs to be redone.

I hope the modified 100 IDMs last awhile since the high frequency/high voltage IDM Swamp's just sent me is a 100 model........LOL...

Last edited:

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Read this, its from my IDM mod DIY.

I went to a electric wholesaler in KC yesterday and picked-up 6 larger sensors with same ratings. These are about twice to 3 times the size as the Vishay and made by NTE. My IDM is a 110 so I used a 75k ohm. The only diff is the Vishay resistors are acurate to 1% these are 2%. I checked all b4 leaving the store, they all tested within .25% of 75k ohm @ .5 watt.

Latest posts

Members online