Improving ride without a lift

n2o

Reaction score
I picked up a '16 Super Duty after almost 5 years with my Ram 2500 and I'm looking to make the ride a little more plush. It's not fair to compare it to the dodge(which I still have) because I got Carli to hook me up. The reason I'm against a lift is trying to keep it user friendly, squeezing under 84" clearance zones is atop the list.

So for now it looks like ditching the Ranchos is the first step to take, unless there's some stock height progressive spring/matching shock setups out there. 35" tire would be the largest I'd ever put on it.

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
Carli leveling coils with tuned Fox 2.0s
45 psi in the tires
dual steering stabilizer with Fox 2.0s
Adj Trac Bar

Mine rides rides like a wet dream.

If you want to get into the $$ get ALAs and Traction Bars from OUO or PMF.

Im sure several vendors will chime in to help you spend

getstroked27

Reaction score
Yeah the King leveling kit rides like a cloud. did it on my buddies 15. that, with some 2.0 or 2.5 fox or king shocks in the rear, a 4 link or ALA's and traction bars would be awesome.

TripleE44

Reaction score
If you're set on staying stock height, I would try Fox 2.0s first. If that doesn't help you, there was a guy on the org that did a stock height kit with custom coils from Coil Spring Specialties, custom valved King shocks(by Thuren) and a new deaver leaf pack in the rear. The way he described it was like a carli kit but lower.

For whoever suggested a stock height or lower king coilover, I think Mike D. tried to get them to make him some, but for some reason the shock measurements wouldn't allow it. I think he ended up with bypasses, and at a lowered ride height.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I know Mike has the hookup on some sweet King shocks for lowered trucks, but I didn't know he tried to do a coil-over.

I wish I could ride in that stock height truck with all the custom suspension.. My truck rides nice with gasser springs and almost all of the rear leaf pack taken out but our roads are so amazingly terrible I'd be willing to spend some money if I could make it better.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
If you're set on staying stock height, I would try Fox 2.0s first. If that doesn't help you, there was a guy on the org that did a stock height kit with custom coils from Coil Spring Specialties, custom valved King shocks(by Thuren) and a new deaver leaf pack in the rear. The way he described it was like a carli kit but lower.

For whoever suggested a stock height or lower king coilover, I think Mike D. tried to get them to make him some, but for some reason the shock measurements wouldn't allow it. I think he ended up with bypasses, and at a lowered ride height.

I just did 2.0 on my stock height truck. Surface streets it is about the same but on the freeway it is much better.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Right, I think shocks make a bigger difference at speed, where a different coil rate or design is the only thing that can affect lower speed absorption.

Jomax

Reaction score
I would advise against coilover. You won't get a better ride vs a cool/shock combo.... Plus if you're keeping it stock. Going to a coilover would net you even LESS wheel travel.

I think softest ride would be 4400 lbs springs, since they lower the truck, add a lift puck on top of the spring to bring it back to ride hight. Paired with King shocks Mike sells.

For the rear, not too much you can do without sacrificing load carrying capacity. But I'd put 2.5in shocks as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Going to a coilover would net you even LESS wheel travel.

Yeah that's a good point.. Probably not much room before you would bottom the shock body out, unless they used a smaller body shock but who knows how that would affect the ability of the shock to do its job.

Jomax

Reaction score
Wouldn't work, that's the main reason king wouldn't do it for Mike I bet.

Notneb

Reaction score
Mine fully leveled with a Carli sits at just shy of 82" That's with 35's too. And it will out handle/ride most trucks on the road.

n2o

Reaction score
Mine fully leveled with a Carli sits at just shy of 82" That's with 35's too. And it will out handle/ride most trucks on the road.

You're gonna make me get out my ladder and tape measure this evening. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here, If I can stand a little lift I'm not gonna fuss. My amp steps are the regular length ones and I thought they were gonna hit the ground when I first opened the door.:pint:

Jomax

Reaction score
I have 295 70 18 nitto terra grapplers (34.5in tired) on my truck with stock lift. It fits in a regular car garage. But BARELY....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.