injector orings bad?

99powerstroke7.3

Reaction score
My e99 7.3 is having a hard time firing up. It smokes white pretty hard core for a minute or 2, then goes away. It doesnt seem to have a miss but I can feel a slight stumble in the idel from time to time at a red light. Any ideas?

99powerstroke7.3

Reaction score
@ justin yea it does the same either way im startin to wonder if the ts chip is causing it cause I attempted t drive around in stock tune and the truck had nothing like no power put it 50hp nd 75hp nd its pretty normal driving. Just about ready to burn this bitch to the ground lol

99powerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Theres on 127,xxx on the everything but turbo swapped the l99 set up I had laying around with 250,xxx. Truck sat parked in shop for lil over a year while I got my licence situation squared away. Think sitting coulda cause orings to dry rot

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
White smoke while cranking is usually an indication of raw fuel, meaning it is either cylinder temperature related, injector related, or compression related. However, if it were temperature related you would likely only experience it when the engine was cold. Injector o-ring problems can, and will, cause long crank/hard start issues. It wouldn't be a bad idea to pull and inspect.

A good way to confirm that it is in fact fuel would be to smell it. If the white smoke burns your eyes, it is fuel.

I know this is common sense, but have your confirmed your glow plug system is functioning correctly?

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Mine used to do the same thing when cold out at start up until I changed the glow plugs and relay. Now its been great ever since.

Latest posts

Members online