Injector stuck in head

Bigred91

Reaction score
Okay so I have a 2003 f450 in the shop for studs. I got it to the point of pulling injectors and all came out fine except cylinder 8. I figured it was hung under a rocker arm so I turned the motor over while pulling on the injector and turned it over about 4 times and no luck. So I pulled the rocker arms off and still cannot get the injector or hold down out. The bolt came out of the hold down though. I have tried prying from under the hold down and nothing is working. Has anyone ever ran I to this problem or know what to do? Thanks in advance for any help, it's much appreciated!

Darkhorse diesel performance
101 northgate industrial drive
Ballground, ga
(678) 454-2277

Wayne

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if the nozzle was damaged, and is now acting like a rivet head, holding it in if there was damage. If not, maybe a lot of carbon build-up, and binding by pulling it out at an angle. Just thinking out loud, not making accusations. It may be best to leave it in the head until it's off for further inspection.

webb06

Reaction score
Ya I guess you could just leave it in the head and remove the head with it in. Then you can see what it looks like from underneath. If its mushroomed out or whatever

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
when ive had stuck injectors it was from a failed copper washer and had carbon build up on the lower part of the injector. luckily I was pulling the heads anyway. had to hit on the nozzle to get it out.

Bigred91

Reaction score
Yes the cab is off and I did take the head off with the injector still in. Took three of us to get it out. One holdin it still and two with prybars. The injector cup was cracked, which caused coolant to get in and rust the injector and crap built up in there jamming the injector in the head. Needless to say it needs a new head and an injector. Thanks for the suggestions and experiences guys!

Ballground, ga
(678) 454-2277

webb06

Reaction score
Yes the cab is off and I did take the head off with the injector still in. Took three of us to get it out. One holdin it still and two with prybars. The injector cup was cracked, which caused coolant to get in and rust the injector and crap built up in there jamming the injector in the head. Needless to say it needs a new head and an injector. Thanks for the suggestions and experiences guys!

Ballground, ga
(678) 454-2277

very interesting!!! post up some pics i wanna see whats up

Bigred91

Reaction score
I will in the morning when I'm back at the shop!

Ballground, ga
(678) 454-2277

Bigred91

Reaction score
The head was already sent off so I couldn't get a pic of it. But that crap you see on the injector was packed inside the injector cup on the cylinder head

Ballground, ga
(678) 454-2277

Bigred91

Reaction score
atunyna9.jpg

Ballground, ga
(678) 454-2277

Bigred91

Reaction score
Turns out the other head was cracked too. Guy just bought the truck and brought it straight to us for studs and now he's got all these problems, and the fuel tank is de laminating

Ballground, ga
(678) 454-2277

Bigred91

Reaction score
Yeah I know I wouldn't be too happy with that. The stealership told him it was already studded, and it had stock head bolts!

Ballground, ga
(678) 454-2277

Latest posts

Members online