Injectors, airdog, reg return?

Skinny

Reaction score
Ok so the diesel gods must be liking me i have the oppertunity to try a companys new 100hp injectors... I havnt heard the cc's on it yet but im thinking they are 190s... i know i will need a fuel system but what airdog or another company to use and reg return..i dont think the blue spring and 6.4 banjos are going to cut it?..:shocked:

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'm always scared of any company that advertises 6.0 injectors by HP rating.

Are they being built from new cores or what?

If they're about a 190, I'd just run an AD150 feeding the stock pump and a dozers RR, stage 1 would be fine I'd imagine. A sump wouldn't hurt either.

MorganY

Reaction score
be sure your stock pump is healthy, otherwise the ad 150 won't do a damn thing. It only runs at 10psi, so if your stock pump is bad, you've just spent 550 for nothing

Mdub707

Reaction score
Exactly, and I read more and more every day about people having issues with the AD2, some guys taking them off of their trucks now. The killer setup would be an AD150 feeding a fuel lab or A1000, pulling from a sump and then feeding directly to the heads via a y block.

MorganY

Reaction score
I've seen all pumps die, a1000, fuel labs, and ad2's. My ad2 has been running fine for a year now...but I do have an extra pump behind my backseat in case LOL

Mdub707

Reaction score
Anyone heard or used the edelbrock pumps? Someone was telling me about one of them the other day.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Exactly, and I read more and more every day about people having issues with the AD2, some guys taking them off of their trucks now. The killer setup would be an AD150 feeding a fuel lab or A1000, pulling from a sump and then feeding directly to the heads via a y block.

This describes my setup exactly and it works great. I think though that the AD150 with a sump and RR kit will do just fine with injectors that are roughly 190cc in size. Best of luck man.

Agjake11

Reaction score
AD150 is also not necessarily required if the OEM pump is doing fine. I have a friend that did warren 190/75 and dozers stage 1 RR with OEM fuel pump and is doing just fine. how long he can last like that... only time will tell.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
you can run the AD2 as well, either way works fine. I like feeding the stock pump because if one pump goes you have a backup, had it happen before

I understand the logic in your thinking but this doesn't make much sense. If the stock pump dies I certainly hope you don't try to go far at all with only 10-15psi of fuel pressure. Though if the airdog dies you should be able to get somewhere with just the hfcm.

Garrett

encrypted with an enigma machine

MorganY

Reaction score
I understand the logic in your thinking but this doesn't make much sense. If the stock pump dies I certainly hope you don't try to go far at all with only 10-15psi of fuel pressure. Though if the airdog dies you should be able to get somewhere with just the hfcm.

Garrett

encrypted with an enigma machine

Yes, the fail safe would be if the Airdog fails, not the other way around. That's also why I mentioned he make sure his stock pump is healthy before he buys the airdog or else he will be spending $900 on pumps.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Couldn't you adjust the AD150 up to 55ish psi with a spring swap in an emergency to get you home though?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.