innovative custom tunes ?

Powerstroke85

Reaction score
I still havn't been to ford yet to get the recall for the new ford flash that came out i guess over 6 months ago. I want to buy a livewire but my question is if i get the livewire with eric's new custom tunes will they still work on my truck even though i dont have the new ford flash? just want to make sure befor i spend the money.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Yes, they will work. There are only a few places to get those livewires now (Innovative is no longer selling them) so let me know if I can help :D

Powerstroke85

Reaction score
dont get the flash.

when was the last time your truck has been to ford?

It has been a good while since it has been to ford. I bought my truck last february so i know it doesnt have the new flash. I was told by some other people not to get the new flash. That's why i wanted to make sure i could still use eric's tunes and not have a problem since i dont have the new flash.

Nadler

Reaction score
After my ecm was fried I had to go to ford to get the new flash. Does this mean my truck will be behind the ball so to speak now even with Innovative tuning?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I dont plan on getting the new flash unless I absolutely have too, like the truck has to go in for something else and they do it against me telling them not too. The reason is what has been posted above and also some of the problems that jsut seem to pop up for no reason.
Now Erics new tunes will work on the older ones, as I am on an older flash with his new tunes. The flash my truck has is the one before the one that was added for additional safeties, about 2 years ago.

BFT

Reaction score
If you haven't gone then I wouldn't do it.

Regardless if you tell them no reflash, it seems that they don't habla at the dealer and do it anyways. Something as simple as your radio or what not, they will do it.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
The techs were questioning him about it and he basically said what does it matter it is here for a leaky radiator.

3brorce

Reaction score
dont get the flash.

when was the last time your truck has been to ford?

Does it matter which factory ford flash you have with a Innovative tune? Does it not overwrite the factory tune or no? That would suck if the new flash has a fueling limitation and cannot give as much fuel as the tune calls for

JonathanN

Reaction score
To my knowledge, IDP tunes try to utilize the stock parameters of the flash that was on the PCM... doesn't matter what flash you have. Either way, don't get that flash. Ford tightened the parameters that put the truck into limp mode making it alot easier to push it to what the PCM sees as too far. We've been playing hell with our '08 because of that flash... gonna get what's supposedly a "fix flash" tomorrow. Hopefully it'll work. If not, I think I'm gonna try to find an old PCM.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I've had no problems with the "Fix flash", i never got the updated flash the first time, the one that had problems, but instead waited till the "fix" came out and got it and havent had an issue yet, had it for 4 months

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I picked up a few small locks from the hardware store. One of them was the perfect fit to clip tight right around the middle of the port. I leave the key tie strapped to my tuner so there is no chance of loosing it. Only way to remove the lock is to break the port. My truck was in for a rear pinion seal. They said they could not work on the rear end of the truck without use of the port. I said if thats the case I will bring the truck to someone that knows wtf they are doing.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I picked up a few small locks from the hardware store. One of them was the perfect fit to clip tight right around the middle of the port. I leave the key tie strapped to my tuner so there is no chance of loosing it. Only way to remove the lock is to break the port. My truck was in for a rear pinion seal. They said they could not work on the rear end of the truck without use of the port. I said if thats the case I will bring the truck to someone that knows wtf they are doing.

They only way they can get it to seal properly is by programming it through the port LOL

3brorce

Reaction score
FS0P30
TQJF4

Eng PN: 8U7A-14C204-FE
Trans PN: 8C3A-14C337-CA

Is that the flash you do not want to get? Sucks if it is.

Latest posts

Members online