Innovative Diesel new extreme X tunes and FICM X tune

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
I thought I'd share a bit of info here. I love psa, when I go to events now, its more for hanging out and catching up with old freinds and new ones. Speaking of old freinds, Eric has been working with me all season to get the tunning dialed in for the 05-07 pcm. In my old blue truck (03 pcm) we had the tunnning dialed. However the 05 pcm is smarter and defuels under certain conditions faster than the old 03. At world finals I ran a personal best of 10.2@137 with a 1.65 60ft. And that was with jets in the two stages LOL. That was a first. Eric asked me to stage it down cause he had the new tune dialed. World finals was the first time we got the truck to pull full power. On the dyno I hold almost max hp/tq from 3000-4000rpm. The new tranny shifting shifted so smooth. The power delivery with the latest and greatest X file and ficm X fileis amazing. I'd like to thank Eric@Innovativediesel for working with me to dial in the 05-07 pcm.

Matt at gear head had offered to live tune the truck at world finals, thank you very much for the offer. But I'm staying true to my freind. Again thanks for the offer thou. It was nice of you.

Can't wait till nhrda season opener in phoenix next march. See you guys there.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Shawn, what is the FICM X tune? Is it specificly designed for the extreme x tune? Just wondering how it differes from eric's mild, moderate or race FICM tuning. You have a beast of a truck bud....Eric is one hell of a tuner, that's for sure. Good luck next year!

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
The new "ficm X" file for for the guys running hybrids. Has something todo with allowing more icp pressure through the mid range to compesate for lowered injection pressure due to the hybrid. Back when mpd ran fast with there 6L, they would only get a couple runs before haveing to work on the motor. The new tuning has been dialed in for reliability. Cause if you can't go rounds, you can't win evens. And for the record that was not a shot at mpd. I just using that as a example of how the tunning has changed. Back when they did it, eric had to use more timing etc. Now we've worked at reliablility and performance. No one wants a truck that breaks

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
So is it really only for hybrids? I have been looking for a FICM from Eric since I have heard his X tunes were designed around FICM tuning....

strokin6L

Reaction score
The new "ficm X" file for for the guys running hybrids. Has something todo with allowing more icp pressure through the mid range to compesate for lowered injection pressure due to the hybrid. Back when mpd ran fast with there 6L, they would only get a couple runs before haveing to work on the motor. The new tuning has been dialed in for reliability. Cause if you can't go rounds, you can't win evens. And for the record that was not a shot at mpd. I just using that as a example of how the tunning has changed. Back when they did it, eric had to use more timing etc. Now we've worked at reliablility and performance. No one wants a truck that breaks

Thanks for the info and explaination Shawn!

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
So is it really only for hybrids? I have been looking for a FICM from Eric since I have heard his X tunes were designed around FICM tuning....

There is a version for the new hybrids, but also a conventional version too.

Thanks!

Thanks for the support Shawn. Your truck is definitely proving what the 6.0L is capable of.

redracer62

Reaction score
Right on sounds awesome Shawn. There is NOTHING like innovative tunes. Looking forward to seeing you in march.

Latest posts

Members online