Input on Build #2

pog

Reaction score
I kinda wanna get erics tune to work. Don't wanna be spending money over and over.

pog

Reaction score
Just shhipped sct off to eric. Hopefully have it in two weeks lol.

pog

Reaction score
Spartan 250 gonna hate life without cruise. Had a big trip coming up next week to that I won't be able to take the truck on. It really would have tested the single and how it spools on long uphill grades. Oh well as long as the tunes work afterwards ill be happy.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I no that feeling buddy. Its hard to leave it on a trip when u wanted to use it. Well hopefully Eric can get it resolved for ya.

pog

Reaction score
Ya man exactly. Eric seems pretty positive on getting it to work once he receives it.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Yea he runs a 66. When i was down there he said he was workin on non vgt turbo tunes with his truck. Im still waiting on the update for it.

pog

Reaction score
Well matt got back to me, told me he found some tables missing from the sct data base. Oh well sol I already sent in my tuner. I would get in touch with eric about sending your tuner in. I was talking to ted? at idp and he said erics single turbo is an animal with the tune he has loaded and the truck is a blast to drive, not sure what version he's running I'm sure its a beta tune. But I doubt eric would send back your sct now without the new tuning. That would be pointless unless he can do the update via email. Just me two.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well matt got back to me, told me he found some tables missing from the sct data base. Oh well sol I already sent in my tuner. I would get in touch with eric about sending your tuner in. I was talking to ted? at idp and he said erics single turbo is an animal with the tune he has loaded and the truck is a blast to drive, not sure what version he's running I'm sure its a beta tune. But I doubt eric would send back your sct now without the new tuning. That would be pointless unless he can do the update via email. Just me two.

im sure its gonna be a raped ape, i wonder how much better spoolup will be, how bad is it now?

pog

Reaction score
Right now its horrible. If I don't got wot it is ****ty. Hazes like crazy at idle and only gets worse as I drive. Cruising at 65-70 constant puffing of smoke. Can't even maintin those speeds without egts hitting 1k easily and only 2-3 pounds of boost. Takes at least 3-5mins for egts to come back down under 350 after a drive. Its running hot. WOT and you get it to downshift it takes off hard but other than that its a smokey freight train that won't spool worth of crap. Running spartan 250 and I'm getting pissed, prob drop down to 150 or 175 tune to cut the fueling down maybe.

Edit- I know a big single has lag but this is just annoying. Tuning obvs plays a huge role in running a single so ill just have to hope that it will be for dd'able soon.

Last edited:

CAT35niner

Reaction score
A tune for a single turbo is gonna help u out big time. Cuts fuel down low and makes it alot better to drive. I had one when i had the single and it was a totally different truck to drive.

pog

Reaction score
Ya man. I'm really looking forward to how the low-mid range fueling is and boost levels. Would love to have some low-mid range power again.

pog

Reaction score
quick video with the spartan 250. about 3/4 throttle @ 21 seconds. sound goes quiet on the phone at about 12 seconds so gotta turn speakers up. these things with a single are loud as a mofo, might need a muffler. ill have better vids up soon as i get the tuning sorted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hciU3_3BlPg

CAT35niner

Reaction score
They r definitely loud as chit man. I had to put a muffler in mine. Now with the twins its not as bad. People dont recognize its a 6.4 with the rumble lol.

pog

Reaction score
no kidding, that deep tone i used to get with the stock turbos @ 2k and up is now a mixture of a diesel/muscle car sounds lol. thats the best i can describe it. people stare driving through the city. how much did the muffler help?

Last edited:

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Oh yea ppl r gonna stare u down for sure hahaha. Keeps them wondering lol. I put a 5" areoturbine in mine. At idle nothing really changed but cruising the crackle went away and quieted down in the cab a pretty good amount. It still rumbles tho.

Latest posts

Members online