Installation of 2WD valence/airdam

TexasPowerstroke

Reaction score
I have a 2015 that i'm about to install the 2wd valence. I was just taking a look at it and haven't busted out anu tools yet. For the guys that have done this, did you have to remove the bumper? I saw three bolts in the front that i can get with a socket wrench. There are two on each side and it looks like if i remove the two front tires, i can get to them easier. There are other bolts though. How did you guys go about getting those out. Any tips would help out. Thanks in advance!

jcain

Reaction score
Save the money. I took and measured the difference and setup my circular saw with a running spacer and cut the valence on the truck and then sanded the edges. No one is the wiser.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Save the money. I took and measured the difference and setup my circular saw with a running spacer and cut the valence on the truck and then sanded the edges. No one is the wiser.
thats fancy. if i cant cut it with a chainsaw or a torch, i gotta buy or pay to get/have it done. lil

live life full throttle

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
thats fancy. if i cant cut it with a chainsaw or a torch, i gotta buy or pay to get/have it done. lil

live life full throttle

I have two valances I will donate from my pile of parts to watch you trim one with a chainsaw and the other with a torch. Both must be fully mounted on the truck before you start trimming

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I have a 2015 that i'm about to install the 2wd valence. I was just taking a look at it and haven't busted out anu tools yet. For the guys that have done this, did you have to remove the bumper? I saw three bolts in the front that i can get with a socket wrench. There are two on each side and it looks like if i remove the two front tires, i can get to them easier. There are other bolts though. How did you guys go about getting those out. Any tips would help out. Thanks in advance!

I had to replace mine and did not take the bumper off. There are tabs and bolts on the inside of the bumper opening between the tow hooks and some towards the outside of the bumper. Just unbolt/unscrew them and it should come off. You will also have to remove or cut the brackets behind the valence otherwise they will show with the 2wd valence on. I hope this helps and isn't too confusing lol.

VetteD_SiN

Reaction score
i just bought my valance, but havent put it on yet. looks like a pretty straight forward swap out. only thing i would remove is those brackets (the one for the plow attachment). it will hang lower than the 2wd one.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Definitely easy. I took mine off while I had the bumper off putting my plow mount on. If you have the replacement you can see where to expect all the tabs to save time. As mentioned, you will want to remove the backer plates or cut them down.

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
$70 & $70 shipping aprox figures so just went to dealer & pd the $102 for mine,i cut the original in 1/2 & rocked that until my ocd got the better of me.
It is all of a 15 min job,may take longer your 1st go around as you'll want to pull the 2 braces off that are hidden out of sight to help keep you from eating priuses lol.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
$70 & $70 shipping aprox figures so just went to dealer & pd the $102 for mine,i cut the original in 1/2 & rocked that until my ocd got the better of me.
It is all of a 15 min job,may take longer your 1st go around as you'll want to pull the 2 braces off that are hidden out of sight to help keep you from eating priuses lol.
sunrise ships free

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online