Installing A Large Case Alternator On A 7.3

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Because I didn't want to raise it from it's original location...

The big deal is that I'm tired of those small alternators going out on me.

Thinking out of the box. Cheaper than an aftermarket HO unit and hopefully it works.

My 02 went through a few factory alternators and batteries. When the lights dim when you roll up/down the windows while you're driving tells me the factory charging system is hardly adequate for these trucks. IMHO there is a substantial electrical draw from just factory components.

I was reading through some audio forums lately and it the calculations that I as finding for amps needed vs amps made from factory units was laughable at best. Factory alternators, esp the 95 amp unit on the 7.3 is almost what the truck is capable of consuming DD, not to mention GP, high wattage stereo's, amp steps, etc etc.

TARM

Reaction score
Matt,

If you can still get the deal and enough people I will take one and likely a starter too.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I had this to offer a while back but nobody bit....
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47602

Thats because there was some guy in there trying, incognito, to pimp dc electronics alternators. The only real advantage they have on a superduty is a pretty coating. On a pos Honda accord or something im sure there alternator is better than oem but whatever.

Matt I never doubted your work but since I just put my truck motor back in last Apr and had my alternators tested and replaced the lower unit along with my starter(new mitsu) I didnt need the parts. I do wish someone would buy some though. If I wasnt trying to do a million things right now Id give them a shot anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.