Intake help

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have been fighting a manifold on an 05 for almost a whole day now. I did an oil cooler in the truck and now putting everything back together. I just can't get the Intake manifold bolts to line up so that I can finish reassembly. I don't know if there is a trick for it or not but it is really starting to drive me crazy. Any help is aprreciated. Thanks.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
make sure that you have all of the bolts taken out, make sure the gasket is lined up properly, make sure the fuel line that runs across the front and bolts to the manifold is not being held up, double check the harness is not in the way. Also you will have to watch the down pipe sometimes they can keep it from sliding all the way back in place.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've seen the gaskets put on upside down, so make sure those are right. Also the bolts have to be "pushed" through the gaskets. The rubber kind of stops the bolt. Can you get any of them started or are they all giving you troubles? Can't really say I've heard of this as being an issue before.

Latest posts

Members online