Intake

old man dave

Reaction score
When I took out the stock air box bottom I replaced it with a flat piece of Lexan (anything would work), for the 6637 to rest on. This prevents the fender lining from getting beat up over time. As my white truck doesn't have a a bracket to hold the filter, it just rests on the Lexan. Lexan is attached to stock holes of the original air filter box, so far work good.

j

I have the real Tymar with the muffler clamp so I used 2 all thread bolts, 8 nylock nuts and 4 large fender washers on both sides of the fender liner. No damage yet.

JCart

Reaction score
I have the real Tymar with the muffler clamp so I used 2 all thread bolts, 8 nylock nuts and 4 large fender washers on both sides of the fender liner. No damage yet.

My Red truck has a similar setup To your's Dave and it works great too. As I change out filters every 10,000 Kms or so just having it sit on the Lexan works fine, doesn't seem to wear the filter end too badly and hasn't holed one yet.

JCart

Reaction score
I used a long 45 degree piece of exhaust tubing mocked up in place and cut to fit.and bought the filter at car quest separate.
SSPX0101.jpg

SSPX0102.jpg

Looks good as a suggestion, I always check the band tightness after it gets heat cycled as sometimes the filter will work loose from initial install. I've also put on the clamps that are spring loaded to provide constant clampage....

j

old man dave

Reaction score
My Red truck has a similar setup To your's Dave and it works great too. As I change out filters every 10,000 Kms or so just having it sit on the Lexan works fine, doesn't seem to wear the filter end too badly and hasn't holed one yet.

I've been known to drive rather fast off road so I wanted the filter firmly bolted down.LOL

Latest posts

Members online