Interchangeable 6.0 parts

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
I know a few of you are running the FMIC out of the 6.0 on your 7.3's any other parts interchangeable? Any other models have a front mount that will fit the 7.3?

01 7.3 F250
Stock

golfer

Reaction score
Then how come so many 7.3 owners run them? It's obviously providing some sort of gain, I don't mind criticism, but please explain why if there is zero benefit, so many are running them?

01 7.3 F250
Stock

The 6.0L IC has a fair bit larger surface area...which can help with heat transfer...but the plastic end tanks are prone to popping off over 40psi boost...

since most (stock head, stock cam) 7.3L's need ~10psi of boost for every 100rwhp...if you're not planning on ever making more than 400-450hp (40-45psi boost), then the 6.0L cooler would be an option for someone who needs to replace their stock IC (damaged?)...annnd you got a 6.0L one for free.

other than that...there's zero reason to get a stock 6.0L cooler if you already have an all aluminum 'cooler.

the (stock 7.3L) all alum. IC's are more than adequate for any street truck, and in our test cell, have shown to be over 85% efficient even at 700+hp (65+psi boost)

in fact, we run all engines (stock hp to 1000+) on our engine dyno/test cell through a stock 7.3L (all alum) intercooler.

Bearded7point3pilot

Reaction score
The 6.0L IC has a fair bit larger surface area...which can help with heat transfer...but the plastic end tanks are prone to popping off over 40psi boost...

since most (stock head, stock cam) 7.3L's need ~10psi of boost for every 100rwhp...if you're not planning on ever making more than 400-450hp (40-45psi boost), then the 6.0L cooler would be an option for someone who needs to replace their stock IC (damaged?)...annnd you got a 6.0L one for free.

other than that...there's zero reason to get a stock 6.0L cooler if you already have an all aluminum 'cooler.

the (stock 7.3L) all alum. IC's are more than adequate for any street truck, and in our test cell, have shown to be over 85% efficient even at 700+hp (65+psi boost)

in fact, we run all engines (stock hp to 1000+) on our engine dyno/test cell through a stock 7.3L (all alum) intercooler.

Thank you sir, I figured it would be more efficient if it were larger, I just couldn't get a straight answer. I appreciate it, you saved me some time and money I can use elsewhere

01 7.3 F250
Stock

Latest posts

Members online