Intercoolers

Steve's red stroker

Reaction score
Who's all running aftermarket intercoolers? Is there much of charge temp difference? Kind of leaning towards a mishimoto. Any input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I would go with a alradco. They are thicker and cheaper in price. And they work better in my opinion

Steve's red stroker

Reaction score
I feel with 450/400's on a 2.5 charger I need as much flow and efficiency as possible

Reaction score
I'd like to know from anyone who has changed theirs out if there's a noticeable gain or drop in egt's that make the cost worth it.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I changed mine when I went to 350/200. I did it the same time so I can't say the egt difference but with mine it stays cooler and I think worth the money. If you have a factory one with plastic ends you will blow it apart with too much boost

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Are there certain years that had aluminum or something? I would check mine out but I'm not going to see it for a week or so.

Steve's red stroker

Reaction score
Mines all aluminum, don't really care how they perform towing, daily driving, on 500hp rigs, etc. going more for the all out competition trucks. Is it worth it or are we only chasing a couple horse gains

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
The early model fords had a all metal inter cooler. I think they stopped around 2001 and yes I run an alradco and it has worked for my truck very well.

gdairyfarm

Reaction score
I went with a hypermax have 0 complaints it's just amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
for drag racing/high speed or pulling/dyno? Have you gotten rid of the AC condenser (if were talking max power)? At low pulling or dyno airflow, need to see the data but I doubt theres big cooling benefit to any aftermarket cooler. Plus, it takes ram air supply to get the flow across the cooler. Id be curious how much money the mfgrs have spent on cooling cell testing (vs just building a cool looking cooler and saying it flows great)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.