Interior Ideas

powerSmokin

Reaction score
So I am backing off of buying another newer truck and would like to update the interior in mine. The truck is a extended cab shortbed 5spd.

The current plan is:
gutting the interior
New carpet
Sound deadening
Higher quality speakers
1 8" sub
Reupholster both front and rear seats (40/20/40) in the front
Short throw shifter mod also since I'm in there.

I need some opinions and possibly pics on interior color and material, it currently has the gray interior styling (haven't seen a different seat color that looks decent). Should I stick with cloth or go with a different material?

Opinions and thoughts are appreciated!

MossBack

Reaction score
I am in the same boat... I sold my center console last year to motivate me to do a custom center for 2 10" subs and that never happened...

I have always been a fan of black 08+ front seats... I think LMC sells a carpet replacement if I could get black I would.

I am also gray and after 200k miles and 2 young kids my carpet is dingy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

powerSmokin

Reaction score
I like the obs seats because they aren't super firm like the newer trucks. It's cheaper for me to completely redo my old seats or a set of captians chairs. Newer truck seats round here are too damn expensive!

powerSmokin

Reaction score
I found a pair of obs captians chairs from a member on another site. Waiting to see what he wants for them, he would have to ship
Them from Kansas to Wa so it may not be worth it when it comes to that deal.

I favor the obs seats because they are so dang comfy. To me it seems like
The newer truck seats are more firm.

JCart

Reaction score
I would much rather a rubber floor, nicer to clean and will not hold moisture. Sound proofing is a good idea I used the aluminum backed rubber roofing stuff then overlaid it with close cell foam carpet underlay. Also install foam backer rod in the door seals makes for a quiet ride. Last thing my sig truck came from the PO with a overhead shelf above the dash full windshield width. I really like it for storage of a host of stuff.

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387437897.513176.jpg

Love the viynl floor, went from blue xlt to grey xlt interior, and also idi to powerstroke lol, still needa put my grey seatbelts in lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
Not a very good picture, but it really goes great with the grey interior, my friend has a single cab with buckets and it looks even better, I may actually buy the buckets off him for 125$ he custom made ext cab seats to work for it

powerSmokin

Reaction score
I have been actually looking at the Ford Aerostar captians seats which have a different head rest design but are almost exactly the same.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Here is a pic off an ad on craigslist for an Aerostar and it just happens to have a shot of the seats.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 91

bucklee00

Reaction score
View attachment 24491

My brother has seats like this in his plow truck ext cab, no jump seat, but a center console that'll hold a 6 pack lol

Those are sweet! What do they come in stock?

I worked at an oil change place for a while. Pretty much any thing 05 and up has awesome seats. Even things like newer Nissan SUV are something I would swap in. Also, of you do get something newer, go for heated seats. They're worth it!

Latest posts

Members online