Interior options

bigdaddynandez

Reaction score
I'm thinking about starting a 7.3 crewcab project, I was wondering for the interior if the newer seats just bolt in or if there is a lot of fab work involved. Also if there's any dashes or anything really cool for the interior that isn't going to cost an arm and a leg

TyCorr

Reaction score
You can do anything you want. Its just going to get crazy $$$ fast. Seat swap will run you 3500ish.

bigdaddynandez

Reaction score
Just for the seats? I'm talking about ease of installing. If I get this build I want to do as much of it on my own

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea. A set of kr seats and console in goid condition is 3k. Perfect ones and door panels could be more.

I paid 1600 for just new covers. If you don't know what you're doing expect another 5-6 to install. Maybe more.

emev0l

Reaction score
People want a fortune for nice stock leather seats so I spent under a grand for a pair of bolt in Corbeau seats.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I know. Just relaying the reality of it to him. If you want stockish crap leather it'll cost 1000-2000 for lariat stuff. The brand new stuff or good condition kr stuff is another 50% more. Or you can order custim made stuff hiwever you want for 12-2000 and put it on your own seats. If you gave to pay to install, figure another grand. Or about what it cost to buy nicer stock stuff.

I just finished (minus steering wheel) this exact feat so its still fresh in my mind.

Id budget 5 grand to do an interior right.

bigdaddynandez

Reaction score
I know. Just relaying the reality of it to him. If you want stockish crap leather it'll cost 1000-2000 for lariat stuff. The brand new stuff or good condition kr stuff is another 50% more. Or you can order custim made stuff hiwever you want for 12-2000 and put it on your own seats. If you gave to pay to install, figure another grand. Or about what it cost to buy nicer stock stuff.

I just finished (minus steering wheel) this exact feat so its still fresh in my mind.

Id budget 5 grand to do an interior right.

What I want to know is what bolts right in

TyCorr

Reaction score
They all will.....

I sensed confusion on this subject. Like if you did it yourself it was going to be cheap. I dint know what you're starting with or what you want so i was just trying to include info that pertains to seats, etc

Last edited:
Reaction score
TyCorr, any idea what 08+ center consoles are going for? Just wanna swap out center fold down seat with grey or black console

06-6.0l, CCLB 4X4, studded, reworked heads, egr gone, cab reroute, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, updated dummy plugs, stand pipe, and stc fitting; New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, powermax turbo, and Geerhead tunes, 325/65R18

CMCx2012

Reaction score
OP- good luck on the build. Subbing.

I just have one question- are the KR seats better quality material compared to the Lariat/Platinum seats?

bigdaddynandez

Reaction score
They all will.....

I sensed confusion on this subject. Like if you did it yourself it was going to be cheap. I dint know what you're starting with or what you want so i was just trying to include info that pertains to seats, etc

I know that seats aren't cheap, but that's why I'm asking what does and doesn't bolt right in. I can't do most of the interior myself, but if it was going to take a lot of extra modifications and fabrications to make newer seats fit then it probably wouldn't be worth it.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I know that seats aren't cheap, but that's why I'm asking what does and doesn't bolt right in. I can't do most of the interior myself, but if it was going to take a lot of extra modifications and fabrications to make newer seats fit then it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Everything seat and door panel wise will "bolt in" not sure on dash without rewiring.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Anything from the same body style will. 99-16. You're gonna have one hell of a time getting super duty panels and probably even seats into an obs.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Seats would require new brackets I am sure. Not the hardest if you have the right tools and stuff. Door panels and such wouldn't be worth the effort in my book.

bigdaddynandez

Reaction score
Seats would require new brackets I am sure. Not the hardest if you have the right tools and stuff. Door panels and such wouldn't be worth the effort in my book.

Yeah i dont care so much about door panels. It's putting newer seats in an obs cab that I want

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I would be prepared to modify the brackets on the bottom of the seats. If you are not confident in your ability to do that, I wouldn't attempt it. Maybe consider recovering your existing seats.

Coueshunter

Reaction score
Why go with newer seats at all?

Have you thought about reupholstering your stickers? Add lumbar and side padding making a much more comfortable seat. Then have them wrapped in leather. A cheap upholstery shop would be cheaper then buying and swapping. They could completely reshape your seat and they will bolt back in.

No 99+ seat set ups or door panels will bolt right in

bigdaddynandez

Reaction score
Why go with newer seats at all?

Have you thought about reupholstering your stickers? Add lumbar and side padding making a much more comfortable seat. Then have them wrapped in leather. A cheap upholstery shop would be cheaper then buying and swapping. They could completely reshape your seat and they will bolt back in.

No 99+ seat set ups or door panels will bolt right in

Yeah I thought about that. The main reason I want the newer ones is because I want the heated and power seats

Latest posts

Members online