Jingling sound from both front wheels?

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
Not sure what's causing this annoying jingling sound...it's not when I brake, just when driving down the road at any speed. Took the center caps off and it's doing the same thing. It's an 08 f250 with 78k miles. Anything I should check? Rotors looked okay when I replaced the brake pads a few weeks ago. Thanks. First it started with the driver side front tire now it's moved to both.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Is it a real light "tinny" sound like a piece of sheet metal scrapping on something? Check the brake pads that you just installed and see if the wear indicators are bent and rubbing or if maybe you have stuck caliper slides and those brand new pads you installed are now junk. Double check your work on both sides. Considering you were just in there a few weeks ago and the vague description you have given.... its about all I have for you.

To check for a bad wheel bearing - jack up one side of the axle and support it and grab the wheel top and bottom and see if you can wiggle it. It if moves - replace the bearing assembly. This is the first thing I always check before dis-assembly to do routine maintenance such as brakes.

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
i know what that tinny sound is and it is not...I heard this noise well before i replaced the pads but it has only gotten worse and louder...however it is still just like a set of keys jingling almost. my bad i did mean the lockout part...when i jacked the truck up and did tried to move the wheel back and forth nothing happened...it was solid. however the squeak is still there. getting so frustrated...would the lockout part even be able to cause a squeak or am i wasting my time cleaning it and greasing it?

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
when i spin the tire once you get to a certain point in the 360 degree revolution you can hear what to me sound like a bad bearing....smooth smooth smooth then sounds kind of harsh but still is not anything crazy.

pdaddyvr6

Reaction score
I have had the same type of noise as well. Every time it has been rocks stuck behind the dust shield. I dont know how they are getting in there..... Anyway something to check?

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
I have had the same type of noise as well. Every time it has been rocks stuck behind the dust shield. I dont know how they are getting in there..... Anyway something to check?

can you get to the dust shield without removing a whole bunch of stuff? or where should icheck?

MyFirstDiesel

Reaction score
UPDATE: today like most other days i barely heard the noise. gonna try lubing up everything i can possibly think of on the front end today and see where that gets me. if not im going to take it to one of my buddy's dads shops and see what they think it is. any other advice or info is still very appreciated.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I had a chirping noise on bumps that myself and everyone that heard it swore was coming from the front suspension. Long story short, tore the whole front end apart, checked abd torqued all of the suspension components, etc etc. Still squeaked. Ended up jumping on the tailgate one day and sure enough that's what was chirping.

Latest posts

Members online