Joining the club next week!

Motostroker

Reaction score
adeqades.jpg

Just test drove it today.

Once she is home, novakanes and Toyos are going on. And I'm removing the toolbox. And the steps. It's already bulletproofed, which is a plus. Saves me time and money. It's an 07 with a little over 100k miles. I need to order a different tuner for it.( currently has edge) and some guages. I need to order some Harley lights.

Still debating turbo and fuel sizes. It has dual 5 inch exhaust which sounds like sex. Already has touchscreen navi, and all the little bells and whistles.

As far as turbo and fuel. I haven't decided yet. At first I want to go ahead and knock out the fuel side. Sump, A1000, filters, RR, etc. I want to delete the oil filter and fuel filter out of the valley and move it to the frame next to fuel filters, and my AUX trans filter. Nice and neat in one central location for all filters. I'll run stock injectors until funds allow for more air and bigger sticks.

I will have a built tranny in it by November.
RCD converter, billet input, clutches, etc. built enough to wear it's stronger then the bottom end of this motor.

Now here's the million dollar question. How big should I go on fuel? Let's be realistic. I DD and tow 12-14k with this truck every weekend. If I should stay closer to stock fuel. There is no since in doing a fuel system, I can spend that money else where. Like on air upgrades. So let me here every bodies 2 cents!

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I have to fix my EGT gauge, but when I do I will let you know how my setup does towing. I have no doubt that it will tow well, but I am not 100% sure of EGT's yet. I am currently running IDP's Extreme Street tune and it is a blast of a DD.

smoking stroker

Reaction score
190/75 and a 68mm pmax. I went 12.5 with 190/75 with the regular pmax.. had fuel left thats why I say the 68... I've towed a few cars with that setup as well with no issues. I towed at fuel fuel. So a tunee should be able to make u a tow tune and defuel Id gets to warm for ya...

A good friend of mine has 190/100s with small pmax put down over 500 on a dyno and tows all the time...

Just my 2 cents..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

imelmo

Reaction score
190's or 205's with a Procharger and stock turbo if you're towing often. :D

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
nice looking truck, one of my favorite set ups is 190/100s and a s364. We just put this in a customers truck, and truck has plenty of power, and stays nice and cool for him when hes towing.

Motostroker

Reaction score
nope i still "have" the 6.7. SR-22 insurance was killing me. I sold it to my dad. He just had a wreck in his duramax, and needed a truck. he loves mine so he bought it, it worked out great in the end because it helped me out, and i can still drive it! no complaints here lol

Motostroker

Reaction score
once insurance goes down, ill hop back into it. and most likely buy it back from him

Latest posts

Members online