kem tuning reviews 11-14 model

Red superduty

Reaction score
i have searched but not come to a clear answer. i am looking mostly for those with the kem tunes.
thanks

jwlandry

Reaction score
I ran them... they were horrible. Trans tuning sucked, super smokey, done some crazy stuff at 80+mph., Idle quality was horrible.

Switched to H&S tuning and there was NO comparison what so ever.

Reaction score
One question people need to ask, doesn't anyone have current KEM tunes?

The stuff from a year or two ago totally different than now.

Hell the first few gens of pip tunes were junk too. I was afraid to run them in my truck because it sounded like ball bearing going through the engine it rattled so much.

I've had nothing but good reviews from the current KEM tunes for 11-15 that I've sold. All the ones we've installed here that I've personally drive run perfect.

Like everything, your only gonna get the terrible reviews from 5 ones with bad experiences. The other 500 who were happy have other things to do than get online and tell how happy the are.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kampy

Reaction score
I'm running KEM on an SCT from Morgan, very, very happy with them. I needed Morgan to tweak them just a little because I live at 5500 ft and the elevation plays hell with air density, but the changes were made from the info I gave him, a few days and an email later and everything is great.
Don't know what else can be said, I'm pleased.
This is on an otherwise stock 14CCLB

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
I know you said 11-14s but I am running KEM on my 15 and there is nothing I would change about it, good clean power and shifts great

Reaction score
So the old tunes are no good and the new ones are great, what changed?

I don't think that the old ones were terrible for all. Some people may have had issues. But lots of people have issues with any new platform. I've sold a lot of tuners to people who had issues with other tuners. It's not limited to anyone. I still have guys running tunes from 2 years ago with no issues.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I had KEM Green tunes and they were horrible.
First one bricked a minimax on load
Turbo oscillation
Trans shifting that was horrible
MPG worse than stock
Poor power (on the dyno and seat of the pants)

Worse than that is the owner's attitude. Rude and blamed everyone else for his problems.

Claimed 500hp on the dyno in writing, didn't come anywhere close to that.
Claimed 20+mpg. Only on the lie-o-meter, a hand calc was closer to 13mpg. When push came to shove, turns out the 20mpg claim was on a 2wd, in Illinois doing 55mpg in heavy traffic drafting a semi. :rolleyes:

Maybe tunes have improved (there was nowhere to go but up) but I find it highly unlikely that the owner's attitude has changed.

Personally, I wouldn't touch a KEM tune if you gave it to me. But that's just my opinion after wasting my time and money.

getstroked27

Reaction score
I have sold a bunch of KEm tuned SCT's, and i personally ran his 310 tune on my 6.4 and was beyond happy with it. i have yet to have a customer call and complain about them. usually just call to ask how to load tunes to the truck and stuff.

Reaction score
I had KEM Green tunes and they were horrible.
First one bricked a minimax on load
Turbo oscillation
Trans shifting that was horrible
MPG worse than stock
Poor power (on the dyno and seat of the pants)

Worse than that is the owner's attitude. Rude and blamed everyone else for his problems.

Claimed 500hp on the dyno in writing, didn't come anywhere close to that.
Claimed 20+mpg. Only on the lie-o-meter, a hand calc was closer to 13mpg. When push came to shove, turns out the 20mpg claim was on a 2wd, in Illinois doing 55mpg in heavy traffic drafting a semi. :rolleyes:

Maybe tunes have improved (there was nowhere to go but up) but I find it highly unlikely that the owner's attitude has changed.

Personally, I wouldn't touch a KEM tune if you gave it to me. But that's just my opinion after wasting my time and money.

We've heard this before. Once again, there were some that had issues, as well as a salesman that worked for them and no longer does. Not making excuses. But that is why we ask how long ago. There was a short period where things got messed up. That is why they use dealers to sell tunes to ensure things are taken care of properly. Much like a lot of other tuners are moving to.

We have sold a ton of them. If there was a bunch of issues we would have moved to someone else.

Latest posts

Members online