Kuhmo Road Venture MTs

wint

Reaction score
Ok i know I asked about the treadwrights but i have since talked myself out of them in favor of the Kuhmos. I want to make sure these tires will last alright with the weight of the truck. I plan on getting E rated tires so that might help the tread life. But most of the online reviews they seem to be pretty good. There are a few Cummins guys that i have seen running them and talk good. So whats the experience over here?

dasboot

Reaction score
I had some type of kuhmos venturs on my old gmc 250 they were an E rating. The thread wear seamed about average. Two of the tires developed warps to where the whole. Front end shook. I would never get them again. They got replaced with firestone tracforce
I

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I've got the Road Venture M/Ts on my OBS in 315/75/16's. Pretty good tire they are lasting longer than I expected so far, about 15,000 on them with right around half the tread left with quite a few burnouts on them. They are pretty quite, and you don't get the lug slapping the ground feeling like with some M/Ts. Wet road traction is on pair with others, snow traction is great (except in reverse in 2wd since it's a directional) did great in a few blizzards I drove in with 2-3ft of snow on the road, also good in light snow. And last I couldn't pass up the price I got on them.

wint

Reaction score
I found a new set on ebay for $896 shipped for 285/75/R16s. That seemed to be a pretty good deal to me. How is the off road traction? Mud, dirt, gravel, etc.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I found a new set on ebay for $896 shipped for 285/75/R16s. That seemed to be a pretty good deal to me. How is the off road traction? Mud, dirt, gravel, etc.

Thats even way cheaper than I found mine. Gravel roads and all are fine, just throws a lot of rocks. Never had any issues in just dirt like old logging type roads to get firewood, in mud they did great cleaned out real quick. Never had a chance to really try mud in 2wd as everything I went through was so rutted I just kept it in 4wd, and they pulled through no problem. And also I had them on my truck when I had my lawn business and was towing everyday they had no more of a squatting or floating feeling than my old A/T's.

wint

Reaction score
Good to hear. Hopefully more people chime in for a more broad opinion. So far im pretty sold on them.

AKHILF

Reaction score
I'v heard a lot of good things about them. Also heard of a guy that drove from the lower 48 up to here and back with a heavy load the whole time and did great last I heard he had 30k on them. He said once they got a little cupping on the front tires. He rotated them so the direction was going the wrong way and drove on them for around 1k and all the cupping went away and put them back on the right way and he'd buy them again

wint

Reaction score
I'v heard a lot of good things about them. Also heard of a guy that drove from the lower 48 up to here and back with a heavy load the whole time and did great last I heard he had 30k on them. He said once they got a little cupping on the front tires. He rotated them so the direction was going the wrong way and drove on them for around 1k and all the cupping went away and put them back on the right way and he'd buy them again

Thats pretty awesome to hear. The directional tread seems to be the only down fall!

Powerstroke586

Reaction score

I know 4 different people that have ran them and they all hated them, like stated above they started cupping horribly so they flipped them the opposite way to get rid of it. The one buddy used them in the same line of work as mean and maybe got 20k out of them driving ****ty dirt roads.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
I wouldn't go with em, balance sucks, around 25% separation has a good chance of occurring, have you looked at the Federal Couragia M/T? I have had them on my truck for around 7k and they are great in a 285 75 16. They clean out swell in the mud and snow.

CamTom12

Reaction score
I know it's not the tire you asked about, but I run Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on both our vehicles. I drove my truck from SE AL to AK with ~18,500lbs on this set. So far have about 15k on them and can't tell much wear. Zero cupping, even wear througout. Awesome in the loose snow, packed snow, ice and gravel roads here. Haven't had them in a true offroad setting though, so I can't tell you how they do there.

wint

Reaction score
I wouldn't go with em, balance sucks, around 25% separation has a good chance of occurring, have you looked at the Federal Couragia M/T? I have had them on my truck for around 7k and they are great in a 285 75 16. They clean out swell in the mud and snow.

What do you mean by the 25% separation? The Federals look decent, not a 10 ply like i was looking for. Not in a 285 atleast.

I know it's not the tire you asked about, but I run Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on both our vehicles. I drove my truck from SE AL to AK with ~18,500lbs on this set. So far have about 15k on them and can't tell much wear. Zero cupping, even wear througout. Awesome in the loose snow, packed snow, ice and gravel roads here. Haven't had them in a true offroad setting though, so I can't tell you how they do there.

I would run the Duratracs in a heart beat but the price is the killer.

wint

Reaction score
Well i got paid today giving me the budget i wanted to keep for new tires. Looks like these will be in the mail next week!

wint

Reaction score
Ordered a set! Found them on Amazon of all places on sale. Cant wait for them to get here and get them mounted :redspotdance:

Latest posts

Members online