Largest turbo ran on 7.3

Jomax

Reaction score
I'm sure that as a DD would end it's life fast. Running it in the high rpm let's it live lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

cbf9703

Reaction score

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
Honestly I have no idea why it's still together. I was running 238/200's and S472 on a forged motor a few years back when I still used the truck every day. It sent a rod through the block and I needed the truck back quick. I grabbed a 250xxx mile motor from an ambulance, studded it, did valve springs and push rods and put it back together with the 238's and S472. I didn't expect it to last long, just long enough for me to put a built motor together. Fast forward to this past summer, The motor was still together, I had been too busy to build the other motor, and it was time to upgrade for One pull, that's all I expected/ hoped from it (county fair... needed to beat a million dollar cummins, think I put 10ft on him). 400/400's, gen3, 482 w/race cover, and a drilled out nitrous nozzle because I didn't have time to order another stage and still had fuel to burn. I have probably 400-500miles on the road with it, and it has made 8 pulls. Other than being built on a Tuesday, the only reason I think it's still together is Jody's tuning. Next step is a P pump, and no I don't think i'll try that on this poor stock bottom end.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Travis has that record. I thought it was an HX-80 with a 92mm compressor wheel..... I could be wrong though - that was like a decade ago. lol

m j

Reaction score
there is an hx83 for sale locally (a pair of them actually)
I am looking at it for compounding, Holset info is harder to find

Latest posts