Leaking Up Pipes?

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
So I've been trying to chase down the source of my diesel smell in the cab with heat or AC on and at a stop light. It smells like exhaust, not fuel. I originally though maybe I had bad injector cups but coolant doesn't separate and smells like coolant after it's been in there over a year. Next I though it was up pipes but no soot at the collector, as well as EGTs are super low like 700 at 65 with a trailer on, and I can build nearly 25 pounds of boost with no issue. I get like a film on the windshield that has a blue'ish tint to it that can be wiped off with my finger but I have to clean my windshield every other week or else it just gets annoying to look through. You guys have any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arisley

Reaction score
Look for soot around exhaust manifolds and any connections at the turbo.

I clean my windshield like every two days. Truck is dirty, but glass is clean. Is this "film" on the inside or outside?

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Look for soot around exhaust manifolds and any connections at the turbo.

I clean my windshield like every two days. Truck is dirty, but glass is clean. Is this "film" on the inside or outside?

I will check, film is on the inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arisley

Reaction score
You have leaky something. Check exhaust manifolds, check where the up pipes connect to manifolds. Check every joint including the downpipe. Don't forget the center of the turbo, the bolts on the hot side may be loose.

Latest posts

Members online