Leaking Windshield

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
When I opened my drivers side door this morning there was water dripping from under the dash onto my floor mat. I looked and felt and it was coming down the harness for my plow which runs through the main harness firewall grommet.

I just started parking outside with the nicer weather and it got its first rain bath. I've washed it and it's been through winter and melted off without an issue. I am going to make sure that it isn't somehow running through the firewall via the harness, but I've never had that happen before on any other vehicles.

Is it possible for a windshield leak to run between the layers of metal that make up the firewall? If it can I think that's what is happening. I noticed wet spots under the truck along the firewall yesterday morning with the only the evening dew to run off.

I'm Thinking about stopping by the dealer to get the ball rolling, but I don't want the body shop to give me an issue about the tuner/exhaust when it has nothing to do with the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

dwb80

Reaction score
I had this issue with my 2011, I didn't realize my windshield was leaking water at the time but on the hwy my winshield would wistle. I finally got a crack in the winshield so I took it in to get a new one. The guys that removed it pushed the thing out by hand. Only half the glue was holding. I would get to the dealer before you get a crack in it. New winshield installed and no more issues.

truckman1974

Reaction score
Happened in the wife's Ford Flex and believe it or not, it wasn't the windshield. Under the windshield wipers there's an area that had collected trash and the 2 drains in there (one on each side) was clogged. It overflowed into the cab. I cleaned the 2 drains and presto it was all good....

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Well, I was able to look at it yesterday afternoon and my ignition tap wire for my plow was running such that it was guiding water right to and through the firewall. I adjusted it so that water cannot follow the wire, running up through the firewall. We had some heavy storms last night and there was no leaks. I'm Going to keep tabs on it and make sure that it is still not running into the cab.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.