Led headlight bulbs in a factory style housing

Patoka

Reaction score
I just can't decide if I should pull the trigger and buy a set of led bulb. I've always ran hid bulbs and anymore they just scatter too much . Anyone on here run led bulbs in a factory style housing? Pros ? Cons? I need Input.....

n54power

Reaction score
Currently running them. Just get them adjusted. It's really nice not worrying about my lights dying in the middle.of now.were

JMart

Reaction score
I run them in my 05. Way better than the HID's I ran in my last truck.

Pstrke96

Reaction score
I gotta find some for the d max anyone have any suggestions my oracles from diesel cartel were great but came with some warning they would t fit the gm's for a rear clearance reason?

mind if I smoke

Reaction score
in the old style head light housings the low beam is great with no problems but the high beam really doesn't do much of anything. I love mine and just use the spot lights in place of the high beam.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I gotta find some for the d max anyone have any suggestions my oracles from diesel cartel were great but came with some warning they would t fit the gm's for a rear clearance reason?

Some of them you have the clear, just depends on the boddy. IIRC, buddy had a 06 GMC and he had to trim to fit the low beam? It's been a while and I can't remember.

On a side note, I have the life time 70w in my 08 and love them.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I just tried some and they suck. Back to stock bulbs for me

Who makes a good set of LEDs for the 06-07 housings that actually work?

Did you not try them before?

Everyone said Josh @DD already, give him a shout. I don't see how you're having any issues with them or finding them, for that matter. The only "difficulty" I ran into was installer incompetence when I originally put mine in. Didn't turn the bulbs to seat them correctly in the projector.

Been pretty content with my heads and fogs from Josh, definitely better than factory light output.
f84030555efef9ec3efd4ad6b498d73b.jpg

1b9db7ffdf6bbab86f4f0ad9aa9794f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
In my opinion, the LEDs are your best drop in option. They have a better beam pattern than drop in HID but are still no where near what you will get with a projector retrofit and quality HIDs. Another common question is the high beams. As with most drop in HID kits, the high beams on the drop in LED's are subpar. You don't get a huge difference between low and high beam as you do with a stock halogen bulb, BUT the bright low beams make up for that. As far as drop in LED vs. HID, the LED are nice in the sense that you have no additional wiring or no relay harnesses or ballasts needed to run the bulbs. They truly are a drop in, plug in, and go install.

The setup that we have had the best luck with is the LED headlight bulbs paired with rigids DOT fog lights in the oem location. Both of these options are fully plug and play and allow you to have much more light than stock but not blind everyone on the road and get bothered by LEO's.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Someone search for me rigid and led before and after thread... I'm mobile so I cant

Latest posts

Members online