lets rattle your brain

gotchadollar

Reaction score
2004 6.0, guy towed the truck to me and said it needed 8 injectors, his OBD2 port was broken so it wouldn't connect a scanner, he said he had it diagnosed and it needed 8 injectors, so i put 8 injectors in it.
Truck started, and runs super rough, rpms jumping from 500-1000 tons of white smoke out of the tail pipe. Guy told me he bought a FICM from Rudys because he thought that would fix it, got the OBD2 plug fixed, hooked the scanner, showed glow plug codes for cylinder 3, 5, 7, and a crank sensor. cylinder contribution was zeros accross the board, ficm voltage was perfect, has brand new 8 injectors.
I replaced the Crank sensor and cam sensor possibly thinking it was out of time. Started and runs the same way. I had a good icp sensor that i put in and it still ran bad, took a good ficm off another truck and it still did the same thing.
Im doing a compression test today on the motor but does this sound like dead holes to you guys?

Zmann

Reaction score
how long did u let it run when it was chuggin away ?

Zmann

Reaction score
cant watch video now but i am wondering if there is something to the glow plug codes ?

15 seconds might not overcome dead glow plug cylinders from firing properly

so you would have atleast 3 chuggers

gotchadollar

Reaction score
cant watch video now but i am wondering if there is something to the glow plug codes ?

15 seconds might not overcome dead glow plug cylinders from firing properly

so you would have atleast 3 chuggers

The way this thing runs is definitely not a glow plug issue on cold cylinders

Latest posts

Members online