lets talk fuel pumps

blackbetty13

Reaction score
I've gone threw 2 fuelabs with in 3 months. Basically 100% failure rate. I honestly don't have the time to send my pump in and wait 2 weeks for fuel lab to send it back. However I have 2 fuellabs (both broke). Also I'd like to thank Chris at TSD sending me a spare until these get fixed. However if these pumps are what the company say they are then 2 shouldnt break back to back. What other options for fuel pumps that are reliable and can support the power?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Dual Walbro pumps worked for me, but I know plenty of people have issues with them too.

The aeromotive A1000 seems like a great pump, but very loud. If you can afford it and dont mind a tiny ring with the truck idling then the A1000 is a solid pump

blackbetty13

Reaction score
I believe the line is a 1/2in or 5/8, I can't remember. I do no however that I have a splice after the pump. And Derek I heard that the aeromotives fail to, I noticed Jelich is running one.

blackbetty13

Reaction score
they are balwins pre pump is the water seperator (the one with the nozzle on bottom) and post is the filter(without nozzle on bottom)

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
I'm going to be looking at something to support 400 ccs wanting an opinion too but pump restriction could be a major player too, filters ect, heard good hinges about the a1000 though

woodduck97

Reaction score
I am running a A-1000 and have had it on there for about 8k now and have not had problem one. Also with the fuel lab I hear you need to have a speed controler on it....

Also a friend has had his original A-1000 on his 6.0 for over 50k till it went out.

davey99ps

Reaction score
It seems like there's been failures with all pumps, everyone seems to have different results. I'm running a Bosch pump on mine, cant remember the part # off the top of my head, but I've been thinking of goin to a dual set-up cuz I drive my truck an need the reliability

Marty

Reaction score
A-1000's are what I've been running for a number of years.

IMAG0406.jpg

IMAG0408.jpg

I also mount them with conveyor belt between the bracket and the frame.

They are this quiet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzI-KaJ43MU

woodduck97

Reaction score
A-1000's are what I've been running for a number of years.

I also mount them with conveyor belt between the bracket and the frame.

They are this quiet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzI-KaJ43MU

He is right about the conveyor belt and the bushishings on the pump making it much quieter as he did my system. Buddy has that has the A-1000 with no bushing and rubber mounts sounds like the video mike posted. Very loud.

Old OutLaw

Reaction score
why not try two stock Carter replacements ? they are really reliable ( from what I've read), and if you put a check valve behind each one, you will have plenty fuel.....I have also read that you don't want any smaller of a pre filter than a 30 micron, maybe if yours is smaller, it's sucking to hard ?.....

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Fuelab recently changed the design of the circuit board to resolve some problems. Almost every single pump we've ever had to send in for warranty was due to a board problem, not a pump problem. I've only had one pump with a problem in the pump section, and it turned out to be a foreigh object lodged in the pump vanes...pump ran after it was removed.

Send in the ones you've got and get them fixed, the new boards have additional protection against the failures they've been having.

Latest posts

Members online