Lets talk turbos

Fordkid

Reaction score
So I'm going effing nuts. I have a 2000 cclb on 35s I have intake exhaust and tuner set at 80hp. That's the bases so with the stock compressor wheel it surges so bad it sounds like a god damned rally car on revlimiter. Put the wicked wheel on after all the advice now rials coal like none other . Looks a sled pulling truck if i lay on it correctly. So far no up pipe leaks and huge lack of top end power. I'm going to send the injector tips and have them honed. I'm thinking a little more boost would be nice. I'm looking/thinking the r38 would be a good start. Or do I put the stock wheel back on? Discuss and thanks in advance.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
^WHS.
What kind of boost are you making? Adding a W.W. won't make it roll coal. Forgetting to tighten down an intercooler boot or some other kind of boost leak will.

Fordkid

Reaction score
^WHS.
What kind of boost are you making? Adding a W.W. won't make it roll coal. Forgetting to tighten down an intercooler boot or some other kind of boost leak will.

Looked at all the boots and Checked all the boots.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Sounds like there is a leak somewhere. The gen 1 wicked wheel moves slightly less air but not enough to do that. The gen 2 from test results is supposed to move more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Fordkid

Reaction score
Sounds like there is a leak somewhere. The gen 1 wicked wheel moves slightly less air but not enough to do that. The gen 2 from test results is supposed to move more.

How can you tell if its a gen 1 or 2

bad12jr

Reaction score
The second gen is billet and very shiny.
5ezezudy.jpg

Like this. The first is a obs wheel and dull like the stocker.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Yea forgot to mention that.

Latest posts

Members online