Lets talk turbos

always-strokin

Reaction score
I'm merely stating the THE "gen II wicked wheel" was originally made by Bob, and all of the surrounding dynos have been done on bobs wheel.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
So I'm going effing nuts. I have a 2000 cclb on 35s I have intake exhaust and tuner set at 80hp. That's the bases so with the stock compressor wheel it surges so bad it sounds like a god damned rally car on revlimiter. Put the wicked wheel on after all the advice now rials coal like none other . Looks a sled pulling truck if i lay on it correctly. So far no up pipe leaks and huge lack of top end power. I'm going to send the injector tips and have them honed. I'm thinking a little more boost would be nice. I'm looking/thinking the r38 would be a good start. Or do I put the stock wheel back on? Discuss and thanks in advance.

The upipes like to leak. When i put my 38R on, pre installed no leaks. After the install it leaked and I had to get new donut gaskets.

When I get my next 7.3, I'll get the new IH upgraded pipes. No gaskets to blow out.

Either way you seem to have a leak somewhere, either exhaust or boost side.

I used siliconintakes website. The boots are inexpensive and you can get different sizes, bends etc. I just used it to find an exhaust leak on my 6.4.

Good luck

Fordkid

Reaction score
The upipes like to leak. When i put my 38R on, pre installed no leaks. After the install it leaked and I had to get new donut gaskets.

When I get my next 7.3, I'll get the new IH upgraded pipes. No gaskets to blow out.

Either way you seem to have a leak somewhere, either exhaust or boost side.

I used siliconintakes website. The boots are inexpensive and you can get different sizes, bends etc. I just used it to find an exhaust leak on my 6.4.

Good luck

Link to the updated up pipes.

Fordkid

Reaction score
So I forgot to take a picture but boost is 15-16 psi max so it's like driving my 97powerjoke all over again. My EGTS are HOT not enough air being pulled in. Soo now what to do next? The gen2 ww wheel or back to factory wheel.

always-strokin

Reaction score
So I forgot to take a picture but boost is 15-16 psi max so it's like driving my 97powerjoke all over again. My EGTS are HOT not enough air being pulled in. Soo now what to do next? The gen2 ww wheel or back to factory wheel.

My 97 'powerjoke' hits over 20psi and wont go over 1200* no matter how hard I try. You have a leak.

bad12jr

Reaction score
My obs will bury a 30 psi boost gauge. And 1400 is as hot as it will run. I think you have a boost leak or exhaust leak on the up pipes. Its amazing what a little leak will do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Fordkid

Reaction score
Okay back to searching for this leak. There is literally no sign of a leak tho other ten hot EGTS and low boost.

Fordkid

Reaction score
Got it fixed thanks guys for talking me out of a turbo and going over the work done.

Latest posts

Members online