Leveling early 99

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
Anybody level an early 99 f-250?I'm sure someone has been down this road before.if so what would you recommend mini spring pack or shackles.I've been looking at maxx-lift kit.what about trac bar?some say go adjustable some say not needed.looking for some real world recommendations..
sqrlgtr

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
Oh yeah forgot what is the biggest tire size you can run on a stock wheel stock suspension truck and on a levelled 250
sqrlgtr

FlatbedCowboy

Reaction score
I have an e99 and this is my plan for a level:

Mini Spring pack (I like the Zone offroad one, but may just get an ebay kit) but Zone has the cheapest adjustable track bars that I could find.

Anyways your going to have to drill out the bottom track arm bracket to take an adjustable track bar because they only make them for 99+ models which use bigger bolts. Then get an upper track arm bracket from a 99+ truck. Ford sells the bolts you need.

I would do the adjustable track bar, if your truck is "fine" without it, your springs and hangers are probably worn out, because the geometry changes and your axle will shift to one side when you go up.

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
maxx-lift has the adjustable track bar(early 99 specific) for $179 and all hardware included.I don't know if you have to do any drilling or not.I'm going to try and get in touch with them and check on the drilling part.I was really looking hard at the shackle route but the mini paks are alot cheaper.probably what I will go with as well.still wondering what is the biggest tire that will fit stock rims and suspension and biggest tire size after leveling that will go on without having to trim or worry about rubbing anything.
sqrlgtr

FlatbedCowboy

Reaction score
Oh sweet I didnt know anyone had E99 kits, I was just procrastinating cause I didnt want to drill my axle. Getting that soon as possible.

I think 35" wont rub I know 37" definitely will. I have no idea what width though

Latest posts

Members online