Lift questions

RedRice589

Reaction score
Good to know.
Would either of these sizes require trimming with the above mentioned tire size.

20x9 18 offset and 5.5 backspacing
20x10 -12 OS and 5 BS
22x10 -24 OS and 4.71 BS

I'm running 37x13.5x17 with 0 OS 5 BS on a 4.5" lift and had to trim the bumper bracket. I'm not an expert by any means but I think the size of the wheel would matter when it comes to rubbing the bumper or radius arms.

No?

It's still similar to what I said. 20x9 is going to keep the tire tucked in better. The offsets are important and so is tire width. I had a 20x10 and a 35/12.50 on stock height. It rubbed all over but bearable to a sense.

The 22x10 is going to keep the most tire out wide being a more common area to rub. The -24 is going to stick out the most but it'll keep you off the radius arms. It's hard to show you or tell you. The 13.50 will make it closer. 6.0 stroker is running a 20x10 with a -24 if I'm not mistaken. And those are 37x12.50 I believe. Hard to say exactly. And it fits but it will rub at full flex at times.

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
If i flex it out a lot the tires will rub the inside of the fender liner where the factor flare comes down to meet it. And I did space my bumper out about a quarter inch when I lifted the truck because the tire would barely rub that bumper bracket. I first had this setup with 20x9 bmf novakanes then switches to these 20x10 forces.

The 20x9s I could flex more and hardly ever rubbed with anything I was doing. I knew these 20x10 would make it rub a little more but I like that they stick out a little further and the rubbing isn't that bad that it concerns me. Here's a little flexing when I had the Carli full Springs in the rear. I now have OUO traction blocks.
If you stick with a wheel with 0 offset and around 5 to 5.5 inch of back spacing the Carli guys say they won't rub on 37s. And like it said when I had the 20x9s it never rubbed once I moved the bumper out just a little bit.

6a593776f251cc4571bff9795880f950.jpg

d08400b76d71226e1a999be519c48768.jpg
cffcb7d1c529c161fbd24d0536fdfea5.jpg

Last edited:

NevaEnough

Reaction score
If i flex it out a lot the tires will rub the inside of the fender liner where the factor flare comes down to meet it. And I did space my bumper out about a quarter inch when I lifted the truck because the tire would barely rub that bumper bracket. I first had this setup with 20x9 bmf novakanes then switches to these 20x10 forces.

The 20x9s I could flex more and hardly ever rubbed with anything I was doing. I knew these 20x10 would make it rub a little more but I like that they stick out a little further and the rubbing isn't that bad that it concerns me. Here's a little flexing when I had the Carli full Springs in the rear. I now have OUO traction blocks.
If you stick with a wheel with 0 offset and around 5 to 5.5 inch of back spacing the Carli guys say they won't rub on 37s. And like it said when I had the 20x9s it never rubbed once I moved the bumper out just a little bit.

Thats a really nice truck man.

Have you noticed a huge difference in your ability to flex between having and not having traction blocks?

I have the full leafs in the rear and was thinking about getting OUO traction bars.

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
Thanks and I wouldn't say the traction blocks changed the flex. They can move quite a bit with the design of them. What changed my flex a lot was going back to the stock rear Springs. I just hated how bad the Carli full Springs sagged when towing. And for the price of there bags I figured I could just go back to stock Springs and the traction blocks and have good towing and the bars for preventing axle wrap.

I will say though I can tell the stock Springs ride a lot rougher than the Carli ones. That and I think my shocks are about to need rebuilt or something because they seem to be getting rougher. I've had my Carli kit on since March of 2012.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.