Lifter replacement cost?

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
yes you have to pull branch tubes to access the lifters.i would just ask out of conversation did they replace the rear main seal when they pulled the trans.if they say no they did not replace the last 4 lifters on each side.i know you said you seen all 16 lifters but those could have come from anywhere.but if you trust the shop by all means i hope you are happy with the work.i myself would like to see all said parts replaced.i either take pics for the customers cause i get some customers that are leery because of being ripped at other shops.i simply offer to tear the truck apart to show them and that makes them feel better.they may have alot of trucks but that really don't mean anything.like everyone calls the dealer ships stealer ships lol know what i mean.

also you can get your parts way cheaper at an international dealer instead of from a ford dealer just fyi.

Sorry Kolby......

Can I just ask why every time you post something your trying to prove a point that this particular shop (*which you also relate to saying Most shops) where he got the work done is trying to screw him on the work. Clearly he has posted that he was happy with the truck, he was happy with the price, and trusts the shop that he brought the truck to. So why are you continuing to probe. And just to make you aware, its not my shop that worked on his truck. First you say that he was over charged on the lifters and labor when the others following this post said its more than a fair price, then you tell him he should have looked on ebay and bought lifters because they are cheaper, then you say that the shop didn't do the work right because they didn't drop the oil pan and check for "glitter" like you do at your shop for your customers, then you say that they the lifters on the ground laying by the truck could have been from anywhere.....what next you going to claim they reused the engine oil or something?

First- I don't think I would ever tell a customer that he should by parts off ebay, even ford part numbers, who knows what your actually getting and what kind of warranty are you getting with Ebay? Second- The same Glitter that you find in the oil pan, most likely will also be found on the drain plug when the oil is drained, and also in the filter when the housing is pulled, is it nice you go the extra mile, sure is, but you have no idea the situation behind the truck, the customer, or his budget. And from what you already said, your prices are a little higher because of that, so you sure aren't helping your customers out, your charging them for the work ahead of time. unlike in this situation where the shop was inspecting things and found issues, and did what any reputable shop would do, they called the customer and gave him the options of what to do. Its nice when the customer decides how to spend his money, and not the shop.

equalizier

Reaction score
Sorry Kolby......

Can I just ask why every time you post something your trying to prove a point that this particular shop (*which you also relate to saying Most shops) where he got the work done is trying to screw him on the work. Clearly he has posted that he was happy with the truck, he was happy with the price, and trusts the shop that he brought the truck to. So why are you continuing to probe. And just to make you aware, its not my shop that worked on his truck. First you say that he was over charged on the lifters and labor when the others following this post said its more than a fair price, then you tell him he should have looked on ebay and bought lifters because they are cheaper, then you say that the shop didn't do the work right because they didn't drop the oil pan and check for "glitter" like you do at your shop for your customers, then you say that they the lifters on the ground laying by the truck could have been from anywhere.....what next you going to claim they reused the engine oil or something?

First- I don't think I would ever tell a customer that he should by parts off ebay, even ford part numbers, who knows what your actually getting and what kind of warranty are you getting with Ebay? Second- The same Glitter that you find in the oil pan, most likely will also be found on the drain plug when the oil is drained, and also in the filter when the housing is pulled, is it nice you go the extra mile, sure is, but you have no idea the situation behind the truck, the customer, or his budget. And from what you already said, your prices are a little higher because of that, so you sure aren't helping your customers out, your charging them for the work ahead of time. unlike in this situation where the shop was inspecting things and found issues, and did what any reputable shop would do, they called the customer and gave him the options of what to do. Its nice when the customer decides how to spend his money, and not the shop.

it was my under standing in his first post was 475 a good deal for lifters with the motor being already apart and what not so it seemed he had a little doubt.ok second i never said any shop was ripping him off i just simply told him what i did and what to look for.i simply do the job right the first time and i don't know if i'm higher or not i could or could not be.i do not charge for any work a head of time.i just check everything the first go around and i havn't found a customer yet that doesn't like it.as far as ordering parts off ebay i don't know of one person who's never done it.do i order all my parts most certainly not.the circumstances of the truck was not drawn out just going by what the op stated.

but i never said any shop was ripping him off as i do not do that so you mis understood what i was saying.

equalizier

Reaction score
you don't see the damage on a oil drain plug and by removing the pan you do.it seems he was really worried about money and i was just telling him ways he could tell if he got what he paid for.it seems you are bent out of shape over nothing bud i would never accuse a shop unless i 100% knew for a fact that's just the way i am.i'm just saying we did it your way and a few miles down the road something happens because you assumed everything is alright.

but we did it my way and EVERYTHING WAS RIGHT.i have learned over the years to assume nothing always be sure and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
you don't see the damage on a oil drain plug and by removing the pan you do.it seems he was really worried about money and i was just telling him ways he could tell if he got what he paid for.it seems you are bent out of shape over nothing bud i would never accuse a shop unless i 100% knew for a fact that's just the way i am.i'm just saying we did it your way and a few miles down the road something happens because you assumed everything is alright.

but we did it my way and EVERYTHING WAS RIGHT.i have learned over the years to assume nothing always be sure and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

You do see the metal when you cut open the filter though.... Which takes 2 min.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yes, but this guy sounds like a expert. From now on before I even change a tstat I'm going to pull motor, pull pan and give it a clean bill of health. It might not be worth flushing the coolant is metal city is present

equalizier

Reaction score
Yes, but this guy sounds like a expert. From now on before I even change a tstat I'm going to pull motor, pull pan and give it a clean bill of health. It might not be worth flushing the coolant is metal city is present

stick to riding your 4 wheeler

04stroker

Reaction score
i'm an out cast since i don't agree with everyone else hardy har har.

I never said that although I'm not really sure I agree with pulling a engine for head gaskets is the only "right way" to do it. His statement was just funny. If I were you and you were that concerned about the engine health why not just do a oil analysis before you tear it down that will tell you if you have a lot of metal in the oil pan.

equalizier

Reaction score
you know i don't know why everyone is so dam gun ho you know.i just simply said how i do it plus i like doing it that way.i have assumed somethings before and it came back to bite me so that's why when i stud one that's what i do so i know is all.i mean i can have that motor out pretty dam quick so i guess i don't think about all the work you guys see.

the oil thing is good to but lot of people want it right then.but i am taking samples of a set up i'm doing to prove how long you can go between oil changes.i'm having black stone labs i think it is analyze the oil and tell me if i can go longer or i need to shorten between oil changes.

i guess what i'm saying is this as long as it's done right where there are no problems it don't matter how its done.i mean not everyone builds a motor the same so to speak.i'm not arguing with anyone and if some one is up set my statements were not meant to do that.

sootie

Reaction score
you know i don't know why everyone is so dam gun ho you know.i just simply said how i do it plus i like doing it that way.i have assumed somethings before and it came back to bite me so that's why when i stud one that's what i do so i know is all.i mean i can have that motor out pretty dam quick so i guess i don't think about all the work you guys see.

the oil thing is good to but lot of people want it right then.but i am taking samples of a set up i'm doing to prove how long you can go between oil changes.i'm having black stone labs i think it is analyze the oil and tell me if i can go longer or i need to shorten between oil changes.

i guess what i'm saying is this as long as it's done right where there are no problems it don't matter how its done.i mean not everyone builds a motor the same so to speak.i'm not arguing with anyone and if some one is up set my statements were not meant to do that.

Please go hide under the wrap that your truck is under and snuggle up to the american forces you got butt-raped on. Your posts are annoying.

equalizier

Reaction score
Please go hide under the wrap that your truck is under and snuggle up to the american forces you got butt-raped on. Your posts are annoying.

and so are you ain't my fault you can't afford a set of them.but you got nothing better to do than to up your post count huh.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.