light bar wind noise

spanky24365

Reaction score
Recently installed a 50 inch curved lightbar on the windshield. The wind noise at speed is ridiculous loud high pitch whistle. Anyone have any experience with this and any thoughts to help

BK39

Reaction score
If the bracket will allow you to move it forward, you may try that, but other than that, You're probably out of luck.

spanky24365

Reaction score
i know this is the trend lately to have these lightbars and i have seen a lot of trucks with them, just wondering how anyone else is dealing with the issue

08Monster

Reaction score
Put black tape over the fins on the back. It makes the sound because the fins are resonating in the wind. Or just build a deflector of some sort so the wind skips the fins. Problem solved. Done it on my last 3 bars, zero sound.

Jomax

Reaction score
I know people that use silicone on the back fins.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MEDIC350

Reaction score
Recently installed a 50 inch curved lightbar on the windshield. The wind noise at speed is ridiculous loud high pitch whistle. Anyone have any experience with this and any thoughts to help
try angling the bar differently when i had one i snugged the light bar bolts, then drove on the highway. i reached up threw the sunroof and tilted the bar until the sound stopped. you can also use some of that door jam guard strips they sell at any auto parts store on the top fin to break up the air traveling over the bar

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
So Eric does "siliconing" the rigids help or not?

I suppose it would do the same thing at the rubber isolators they send with the 50's, I wouldn't do it down the whole length of the bar though. Just come in each side say 8" then do a 1" wide section in between each fin, then do the same dead center. That's where I put the rubber ones and haven't had any issues.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
I suppose it would do the same thing at the rubber isolators they send with the 50's, I wouldn't do it down the whole length of the bar though. Just come in each side say 8" then do a 1" wide section in between each fin, then do the same dead center. That's where I put the rubber ones and haven't had any issues.

Word.....I'll give it a whirl

Latest posts

Members online