Light bulb upgrade for Recon headlight assembly - what is best?

jmccown

Reaction score
My truck came with the recon headlights but the bulb that is in it must be factory, cause it sucks and has a yellow look to it. I want to upgrade to HID or LED whatever is best with just something that is a 5-6K in color and gives better lighting.

huntnfishnfreak

Reaction score
You'll probably be disappointed even changing bulbs. Recon uses junk projectors. Depending on your budget....I have Recons gutted with Morimoto D2S projectors with a Morimoto HID kit and Morimoto LED pods. World of difference....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nj67

Reaction score
My truck came with the recon headlights but the bulb that is in it must be factory, cause it sucks and has a yellow look to it. I want to upgrade to HID or LED whatever is best with just something that is a 5-6K in color and gives better lighting.
I have 55w 6k retro solutions hids. Had them for about 3 years now with no problems. Just check the recon website for actual bulb size...a few aftermarket headlights use a bulb different then stock h13

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

ckrueg

Reaction score
You'll probably be disappointed even changing bulbs. Recon uses junk projectors. Depending on your budget....I have Recons gutted with Morimoto D2S projectors with a Morimoto HID kit and Morimoto LED pods. World of difference....

How difficult was retrofitting the recons? I did my stock housings with the Mini stage 3 kit from The retrofit source, but I might re do it because my lenses are cloudy and want halos

huntnfishnfreak

Reaction score
How difficult was retrofitting the recons? I did my stock housings with the Mini stage 3 kit from The retrofit source, but I might re do it because my lenses are cloudy and want halos
It will be no different than doing your stock housings...these were done by Kevin Duane of Retro Customz.
3808e99a474b9ea8dbb7778a82977064.jpg

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
The retrofit source sells a kit to drop mini H1 projectors in place of the recon projectors. Thats what i did and im very happy with it.

Latest posts

Members online