looking at getting a 6.4

Joshbaker

Reaction score
So im a 6.0 guy but the wife wants a harley edition 6.4 so..... I guess im going to start looking. Now i know they have DPF and EGR and radiator issues but what other stuff should i look at? Not like the normal looking at a used vehicle type stuff but what specific 6.4 stuff should i look for? Also i know the EPA has a nice crack down on DPF delete stuff but can i still do it? does anybody still sell tunes for dpf/egr delete and can i still get the parts to delete it? Thanks

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
If im not mistaken that is a job 1, I can't Remember the exact of the job 2 trucks. And if you need anything buddy feel free to give me call either at the shop or my cell. I will be happy to assist you in anyway possible.

slow poke

Reaction score
what is a job 1 truck? first year production?

I'm no 6.4 expert but I would not let the "job 1" trucks scare you off. I have over 193,000 miles on my job 1 and my cousin has about the same on his job 1 also with the only real problem with them being radiators. Both our trucks had there radiators replaced under warranty before 100,000 miles. Other then that, pretty minor stuff really. His is all stock, 100%, mine has been deleted and tuned since 175,000 miles. Just my 2 cents for what its worth.

sootie

Reaction score
my job 1 had two transmissions, three rads and a set of head gaskets fwiw

Latest posts

Members online