Looking for customer input

03silvertj

Reaction score
that can be corrected thru fords diagnostic software-IDS. Open a new session and identify the vehicle. once it is recognised, go to the toolbox and select "module reprogramming". In the "module reprogramming" menu, there is a section called "programmable features", select "Fuel". You will want the "Front fuel tank" and it will have a capacity listed beside it. Click "changed fuel tank" and pick the volume closest to the one you have installed. It will then get you to confirm that you want to the make the changes-hit yes. it will then flash the pcm.

The only disclaimer i want to add is that i have only done this on stock trucks so i dont know how it will fare with your tuning. Maybe return to stock first, i don't know.

I have been told (by Ford) that is only possible with 6.0's and not possible with the 6.4's? I'm more than willing to try again though, or take it somewhere other than Ford.... As for the tuning, I have considered that as well, but you never know until you try. I just hope it doesn't fry the PCM...

In response to others; Yes the MPG is not that accurate with the tuning, but it will be more accurate this way than the truck assuming I have a 35gal tank... Which I don't. lol

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Loving the new beta file!! Drives great, and very good street manners also it's not smoky like the 310 tune either. Only thing I have found is while going up a steep grade trying to hold 35-40mph the truck wants to keep shifting up. Not that big of a deal I just remember to use tow haul and the problem goes away, but the old tunes never did that, so I figured I would share. Im not sure if it's 5th or OD but my tap shifter says 5. Also not a lockup issue as it still won't lock up til 50

Well here is a good question, is the tap shifter re adjusting the S partan trans tuning or is it just holding up the shift commands from the TCM?

I have looked at them but if it takes great trans tuning and changes it, what's the point.

ckrueg

Reaction score
Yes, that's correct. That's not to say there won't be any value in hand tuning whatsoever, but this will reduce the necessity by magnitudes. Handwritten customer files will likely only be necessary with extreme modifications or if you are looking to milk every HP for competitive purposes.

Most "custom tuning" is utilizing known sets of values anyway. Each custom tune writer has their own, but those sets of proven values don't vary unless oddball hardware calls for it. The operation of "custom tuning" is most frequently an operation of assembling sets of values already established, to match the hardware you have, sometimes with minor tweaks to shifting and the like.

With these tools, it simply moves those operations from my fingertips to yours. Rather than waiting on us to make a file, or add a tweak here or there, it's available any time you need it. We are able to pack 80% of the usable functionality of conventional custom tuning software, into something that, not only are you not stuck waiting for custom file delivery, but you don't even need to drag out a laptop for.

This will also work in conjunction with the PC-based custom tuning software we have in development (yes, it is coming, but it will be a little while).
So is this pc based tuning going to be similar to efi live or mcc? also will it be available for 6.7s?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

KTM300

Reaction score
Loaded the tune up yesterday and put about 150 miles on it. So far it is an awesome improvement over the 250 hp program that I have always ran. Like driving a stock truck at low throttle and then comes on like an animal. I never actually got above probably 60% throttle, because of how much power it now has. I love that it no longer shifts to overdrive at 45 mph and lugs the truck.

The trans shifting is noticeable smoother as well. I do a couple questions though. Is the softer shifting going to reduce the life of the trans? I have read that the hard shifts are actually better for the trans and help longevity. Also, is it possible for the trans to be programmed to lock the torque converter in fourth like it does in Tow/Haul? It would be nice for driving gravel and slow backcountry roads.

FnStrkn6.4

Reaction score
Hey Matt, I downloaded the beta file and placed it in my transfer folder of SD card but it is still not showing up when I try to load it on my truck. could I be doing something wrong?

strokeofgenius

Reaction score
The anticipation of waiting for this Job 1 file is unbearable. Lol hope its soon!! Also as another previously asked. Will the capability be there to have Vgt off at idle to increase exhaust throatiness? I know it does nothing for performance but, damn these trucks sound good like that. Thanks for the updates!!!

gambling209

Reaction score
just loaded the new tune and did the updates. this tune doesn't ask for the new user adjustments before loading? it does before the other tunes.

KTM300

Reaction score
just loaded the new tune and did the updates. this tune doesn't ask for the new user adjustments before loading? it does before the other tunes.
It didn't for me either and I just assumed that was because it was still an experimental tune.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Mine didn't give me the option to change any options either... Like mentioned above its probably due to it being the beta version. You'll be able to change options when you load the tune on the fully released version

strokeofgenius

Reaction score
I hope they get the Job1 version out today. Its like waiting for your tax returns...so much anticipation.. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gambling209

Reaction score
it was the first tune I had installed with the new update. thought maybe I had something wrong, but truck runs on new beta tune, so it must be ok.

gambling209

Reaction score
Cruising around 70-75... What are others boost at? I'm hoping its just the wind but mine was anywhere from 17psi cruising at 70 and 23-25 psi cruising at 75.. Was my 1st day to actually get some cruising time on it, and that was the only thing that caught my eye.. Like I said tho.. I'm hoping it was just the wind cause its a rather windy day today..Never have notice my boost that high at those speeds on any of the other tunes.

I have been running your 275 tune on my 08 3:55 geared truck since jan 2009. now have about 100 miles on this new tune. I like the pedal mapping and the softer shifting. this tune has a lot of engine noise not present on the 275 tune. the noise is a valve train or injector noise. not sure but is loud. also my boost is high like stated above. always thought that increased boost go along with decreased fuel mileage? never really ran any of the 300+ tunes, so maybe the noise just goes with these higher tunes. would like the 275 with the pedal mapping and softer shifts. great product!

Shipmate

Reaction score
I have been running your 275 tune on my 08 3:55 geared truck since jan 2009. now have about 100 miles on this new tune. I like the pedal mapping and the softer shifting. this tune has a lot of engine noise not present on the 275 tune. the noise is a valve train or injector noise. not sure but is loud. also my boost is high like stated above. always thought that increased boost go along with decreased fuel mileage? never really ran any of the 300+ tunes, so maybe the noise just goes with these higher tunes. would like the 275 with the pedal mapping and softer shifts. great product!

I have noticed the same thing as you stated. The engine noise in much more and boost was a lot more than any of the other tunes. I call it "empty boost" meaning that the boost is high and really not doing anything. I was on the highway yesterday doing 60 to 70 and tried to speed up just a little only like 2mph and my boost was up at 28 to 29 psi. The 300 tune or any of the other tunes never went that high.

FnStrkn6.4

Reaction score
Hey Matt, I downloaded the beta file and placed it in my transfer folder of SD card but it is still not showing up when I try to load it on my truck. could I be doing something wrong?
Anybody able to answer my question

FnStrkn6.4

Reaction score
Do you have v7.10? If not, that could be why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I updated that first and and checked it on my truck and it gave me the new options before loading tunes. Then I downloaded the new beta tune and checked to see if it was there on the truck and no show. But it's in my SD card when looked at on computer.

Latest posts

Members online