Looking for customer input

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
This major update to our software is long overdue, but I'm certain it will have been worth the wait.

Would it be possible in the future, to add a selection for 3rd gear part throttle TC lockup? I have been watching drunk on diesels thread on having 3rd gear part throttle lockup (with MCC) and people seem to be liking it.

Last edited:

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Would it be possible in the future, to add a selection for 3rd gear part throttle TC lockup? I have been watching drunk on diesels thread on having 3rd gear part throttle lockup (with MCC) and people seem to be liking it.

It's already in the software at this point. You can set it to a default of 99 to turn it off, or pre-select several different schedules we have available.

I may change the way it operates in the beta; haven't sorted out the most efficient method yet.

strokeofgenius

Reaction score
Will there a be an option to have vgt "off" or 100% open at idle and have a certain rpm at which it will re-engage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
How about the DP-F on file set, will it remain how it is currently or will it be combined with the lower HP tunes with DP-F on/off selection with the OST?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Really want to see the job 1 beta files. I know all good things take time, but how many weeks has it been?? Time to switch to h&s I guess...

I'm still working on it, as time and weather allows. We have several projects going on, but the 6.4 update (comprehensively, SOTF, on-screen adjustments, and the new base files) has been my primary priority. Keep in mind that this stuff is all designed to work together.

I'll also note that Job 1 applications are 10% or less overall of the 6.4L product we have out there. While we are certainly going to ensure the quality is just as good as Job 2 and later for production, it doesn't make a lot of sense statistically for us to spend 50% of our BETA development effort on something that's available only in much smaller numbers.

It will be released as soon as I'm confident the quality is up to par, and that it will be both safe and rewarding to drive.

PyroFighter

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed high boost pressure when cruising or on light acceleration from a stop? My dads truck is running nearly 30lbs of boost when cruising at 65-70mph and on light easy take off from a stop it jumps up to 20 or 30psi very quick even when cold. This is all in comparison to the 300 (maybe 310 can't remember) tune he was running before the 325.

djr4x4

Reaction score
Had the same ordeal cruising at 65-70 with the boost.. Dropped it back down to the 210 tune and back at 6-7 lbs of boost again cruising..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

KTM300

Reaction score
My boost is running higher than it was on the 250 tune, but I don't mind because exhaust temps are down and fuel mileage is up.

joshua5438

Reaction score
I have noticed my boost is a bit higher also. I also agree with KTM, it seems like the temps are down. Cant comment on the mileage being better as I gave up on that years ago...

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed high boost pressure when cruising or on light acceleration from a stop? My dads truck is running nearly 30lbs of boost when cruising at 65-70mph and on light easy take off from a stop it jumps up to 20 or 30psi very quick even when cold. This is all in comparison to the 300 (maybe 310 can't remember) tune he was running before the 325.

Yes, I've seen that boost is higher. It isn't harmful, but it is a bit wasteful in backpressure. Some of my changes bringing throttle sensitivity down seemed to have moved the references between torque, fueling, and commanded EBP. I'm working on that right now.

We spent a lot of time way back in 2009 smoothing everything- now that I've moved things around so significantly, having to do the same again.

The latest changes I've made do address the injection rattling. The same issue as listed above has created a bit of a step in the drop-out of one of the pilot injections. The abrupt change in engine tone is that pilot shot kicking out rapidly. I have that about 90% smoothed out now.

Last edited:

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
I have noticed my boost is a bit higher also. I also agree with KTM, it seems like the temps are down. Cant comment on the mileage being better as I gave up on that years ago...

The boost and temps are related.

Currently, the 325 Beta is using too much VGT, and shoving through more air than necessary (see my previous post). It does wonders to keep temps down, but there are inefficiencies from the pumping losses. Ironing that out now.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Great,, Keep going, this is what Matt wants, I think??? Input is sooo important!!!!!

If you have a problem with my development process or timeframe, you are welcome to go ahead and speak up. Passive aggressive bull**** doesn't go unnoticed.

So, whats the problem?

Latest posts

Members online