Looking for customer input

michaelite

Reaction score
When im able to, I want to run a single turbo and was told I need a tune and therefore another tuner as I am using yours. Is a single turbo tune a possibility?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
When im able to, I want to run a single turbo and was told I need a tune and therefore another tuner as I am using yours. Is a single turbo tune a possibility?

Absolutely. We will start offering custom files as soon as our 6.7 update is finished in late August.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Matt,

Couple things just from the past experience with your style compared to others.

There is no real need for touchy or smoky throttle at light acceleration. In fact its not too bad to make the truck drive nearly like stock at less than 50% throttle positions. This should be do-able on all settings including your race tunes. The need for a ton of changes on the SOTF would be very little and this would also help address some of your re-learn concerns since most driving is done under 50% throttle anyway the transmission will have no need to adjust because the HP out put is similar. This will also save the need for having 15+ tunes to choose from, most people will be able to find a HP level they are comfortable with and just run with that.

Shift firmness. I have always felt you are far too aggressive with how hard these things shift, I agree that they need to be firmer, but there is a fine line. If you tone back the power output at under 50% throttle the transmission can shift like stock in these conditions as well, for a nice soft shift that doesn't spill your coke.

Smoke control, unsure how you are currently doing with that but less the better for many reasons as you know. In the past you were not too bad on the smoke control.

If the Ngauge is as near the product as the old Dash daqs were you guys will have a great product and much to offer us users. Right now my biggest complaint with my 6.7 is the lack of monitoring capabilities. My mini maxx covers more than just about anything I have tried.

Tuneability by the user... we all love our MCC. if you offer something similar you will hit a home run....

Just some suggestions. wish you the best of luck glad to see you are committed to product improvement.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Well said Dustin. I still have a dash daq that sits on the shelf in original box with 3 vin license that are not used. It literally got me going in 08 when I tuned my first truck with only 2000 miles. I would love to see improvements leaning toward mcc because it seems to be a very good thing. Since I was able to make changes to my trans tuning I have been happier then ever. End user adjustability to a small extent would go along way.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I never got rid if my Dashdaq for this reason as well, hoping one day they would make some changes.... And it looks like it payed off!

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Notes taken.

TPMS is inherently harder to deal with on the 6.4L (at least to do it properly). SOTF and the mentioned tune changes will be easier and quicker to implement, so I would expect to see that first.

One thing I've weighed when considering options is to make absolutely sure that any SOTF tactic we put forward will work with custom tuning. I have an idea on the drawing board; haven't tested it yet, however I'd assign an 80% chance of making it work.

So I just read the 13-16 thread and you stated that SOTF will be done with a switch will the 6.4 SOTF be done the same way?

Also will the SOTF work with the older dashdaq?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
So I just read the 13-16 thread and you stated that SOTF will be done with a switch will the 6.4 SOTF be done the same way?

Also will the SOTF work with the older dashdaq?

That's my intention. I believe that, just like the 6.7, we can produce a better product by having an actual cable and switch.

skobiak

Reaction score
Small concern, but it would be great if you could do something about the 210 Tow tune going into reverse so hard that the whole truck jerks. Not sure why its only in reverse, and only with the tow tune. Looking forward to more improvements to a good product.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Small concern, but it would be great if you could do something about the 210 Tow tune going into reverse so hard that the whole truck jerks. Not sure why its only in reverse, and only with the tow tune. Looking forward to more improvements to a good product.

Are you noticing this with the truck loaded down or empty?

BIGBLUEFX4

Reaction score
SOTF would be great as well as TPMS control.

My biggest concern is the TC lockup. I run the 210TPEL most of the time, towing my 12K fifthwheel. When on ramps trying to get up to speed I'm
at 70-80% throttle . I feel this is harsh on my TC.

What I would like to see is delay TC lockup at greater than 50% throttle position.

Benifits: Less wear and tear on TC (disks or cluthes whatever they are)
Softer 3-5,5-6 shifts ( TC slippage)

This might also benifit the aggressive drivers as well , since the TC is the weak link and and causes all sorts of havoc and sends debris thru the trans.
High Performance (700+HP) even with aftermarket converters have problems when blowing thru the lockup.

Last edited:

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Wanted to give everyone an update, since it has been a while.

We're wrapping up development on our 6.7L projects, and should be ready to start on the new 6.4L toys by the end of October.

At this point, I'll go ahead and officially say that SOTF is coming, and will be incorporated into the next 6.4L software update. All that you'll need (if you have our device already) will be the switching cable, at a pretty low cost.

A few snippets of important information-

1.) We have room in the module for 4 power settings.
2.) This WILL work with custom files.
3.) You are not stuck with 4 preset levels. If ordering it as a custom file, you can choose any 4 power levels you like (with a few exceptions, due to certain compatibility that isn't changeable on the fly- there should be only a few of these).

To elaborate on number 3- for example, if a customer wants a SOTF file with a 210, 310, 310 with fueling and timing for nitrous, and a "low smoke" stock file, we can build it. Pretty much any combination of files can be constructed.

The methodology we are using for this software is going to give a LOT of adjustability, and I'm pretty excited about the potential this has. It will bring options to the table that haven't existed in the past, and I think many of you will find use for it.

More to come very soon.

cbenn47

Reaction score
I would be happy with an update for the ******* TCM, it's been years with nothing and just promises... so I'll just wait and see, normally it's many months till we see anything after ******* comes to the forum and tells us will are going to release an updates, kind of like boy calling wolf, waiting again!

Members online

No members online now.