Looking to add gauges

Hercules-550

Reaction score
I need to add gauges to my truck. Trans temp, coolant temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure, boost, egt's. I had an Edge w/attitude in the truck before. I would like to use the display but unsure how to power it and get the readout without plugging it in and making the programs active. My Edge display did the egt's, boost, rpms and i believe one other. Also would like a similar display for the rest of the guages. Not really into pillar pods and would prefer not to have a pod mounted to the dash. Any suggestions?

The Brad

Reaction score
I use a Nexus 7 tablet, Bluetooth OBD module and the Torque app. It works well, but won't tell you EGT or fuel pressure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 52

The Brad

Reaction score
Torque is an app on the Google Play store and will work with any Android device. The OBD Bluetooth dongle is an ELM327 https://www.google.com/search?q=elm327&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari they range in price from $10-$100. Some people have had luck with the cheap ones, but I haven't, so I paid more and got this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html?ie=UTF8&a=B006NZTZLQ Once you get that, there's a thread on another forum that'll teach you everything you need to know. Not sure about linking to another forum on here so Pm me and I'll send it to you.

chaduarte94

Reaction score
I'm gonna buy the new edge insight cts2 shows everything in a 8in touch screen. It on alligator performance for about 400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koda22

Reaction score
Yea the cts is a good way to go, easy install, upgradable...and looks clean....but just a heads up its only a 5inch screen...

mandkole

Reaction score
aeroforce scan gauge covers all of the OBD data and mine is on the steering column mount. My other gauges like boost, fuel, egt are in a pod below the dash.

Attachments

• P1010128.JPG
    P1010128.JPG
    696.5 KB · Views: 58

Koda22

Reaction score
Little off topic, but id love to move my brake controller in that hole, how hard was that?

mandkole

Reaction score
Little off topic, but id love to move my brake controller in that hole, how hard was that?

Pretty easy and works good-- male/female Velcro, a hole in the back for the connector. IIRC, the Primus had its own self leveling feature but I tried to keep it as flat as possible anyway. Still have a good portion of pocket (great for a wallet) and the Velcro keeps everything from sliding.

Latest posts

Members online