Lost Boost

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 6.0 with injectors, non vgt turbo and a few other things. I brought my truck to a shop to look for an oil leak and they replaced the valve cover gaskets that didn't need to be replaced without even asking me, glow plug harness, messed with my the pedestal around the wastegate, so the waste gate wouldn't get caught on their bracket and put a flex hose on the oil drain for the turbo. Well, I was getting 38 PSI of boost and now I'm getting g 28 for some reason. Why would that happen? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
This in the wrong place, or just a stupid question. I know they messed with my wastegate, but I didn't think it'd make a 10 PSI difference.

sootie

Reaction score
you answered your own question...you have a boost leak. do a smoke test and see what is going on. Of course if they adjusted the wastegate-that is a form of a leak also...

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
you answered your own question...you have a boost leak. do a smoke test and see what is going on. Of course if they adjusted the wastegate-that is a form of a leak also...
Ok, thanks a lot man. I appreciate it.

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
So I tried to find how to do a smoke test. Any chance you could help with that. I kept getting back how to put a dang smoke switch then things on how to pass a smog test inspection...

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
Why don't you just ask them if them readjusted the back pressure on your turbo.
Because they're asshole and questions offend them. We separated on bad terms. They jacked my truck all up

Latest posts

Members online