Low beam issue..

dustinz85

Reaction score
Today when I got to work, I had the headlights on while driving to work. I pulled in and shut the lights off and noticed that all the lights were off but the headlights were still on but dim. I played with the switch and the lights would come on full power with the switch but never turn off. So messing around under the hood checking fuses and stuff i unplugged the lights and heard a click from over on the right fender.

So after messing around a bit, now the truck has no low beam but high beam. And when the light switch is off the lights are dim, but if you hit the module by the starter solenoid the lights go out completely. Im guessing this control the high/low beam? Advance doesnt even list that part, is that the issue? Im stumped on this one. Id like to get it fixed tonight since I need the truck. Thanks!

dustinz85

Reaction score
Is that black box on the fender a relay? Everytime i bump it the dim lights go out but the low beam will not come on again..

ToMang07

Reaction score
Couldn't say without actually looking at it, but I know mine had a few, 3 IIRC (2 small 1 large) on the drivers side fender, and a bunch in the fuse box.

You could try swapping around matching relays to try and locate a bad one.

Look like these:

auto-relay.jpg

5pcs-car-30a-12v-12-volt-spst-relay-kit-for.jpg

dustinz85

Reaction score
I was looking in the box and didn't see and relays under the hood just fuses.. I'll post a picture of the module that makes the dim lights go out.. :shrug:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

dustinz85

Reaction score
Here is the box

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387050118130.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387050118130.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 33

dustinz85

Reaction score
Anyone know what the module in the picture above is for.. seems to be the root of the problems..

dustinz85

Reaction score
Still can't figure this one out.. anyone know where the relays "that don't exist" are located.. it must be a relay issue. Last night turned the switch on, no lights, was pi$$ed slammed the hood closed and the one light came on and one was dim... I'm tired of looking at the damn thing

dustinz85

Reaction score
Fixed it last night, my conversion pigtails for the Harley lights melted on the plug. Anyone know of another place to get the headlight conversion pigtails? The ones that I have I think came of ebay.... strike one and two. But they lasted three years, not too bad.

Latest posts

Members online