Lower Front Bumper Extension

STROKERBO

Reaction score
Do any of you guys have any nice looking designs for a front bumper extension for under your front bumper to make it a legal height from ground to bottom of bumper?

I just got stopped this morning by a pesky Melvindale, Michigan Ticket Writer and all that he could get me for is the bottom of my front bumper being 37 inches from the ground when the law states that it shall be no greater distance on a truck of 7,400 - 10,000 pounds, not more than 30 inches from the ground to the bottom of the front bumper..

If you guys have any photos of nice extensions/adapters, please post them. I need some ideas.
I would like it to look nice/ original as possible so it doesn't make my truck look ugly... I would bolt it to the bottom of my current chrome 2014 front bumper and paint it the same color as my truck with some Imron 9000 paint.. ( And maybe put some air venting in it and maybe a set of lights also)

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
You're talking about a 7" extension minimum....there's just no way to make that look good...especially if you're adding it to the already long OEM valence.

BK39

Reaction score
Somebody on here was having the same issues..........and he used some round tube and painted it black so that it blended in with the bottom of the truck. It looked okay.

JMart

Reaction score
How much is the ticket? If its cheap enough I would jsut pay it and take my chances before mounting 8" or crap on the front of my truck.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
And I thought height laws down here were bad... 7K and under 36 inches maximum, 10,000 GVWR or over no restrictions.

STROKERBO

Reaction score
I was talking about removing the plastic lower valance and fabricating a 3/16" steel contoured lower addition as in second half of bumper, all tapered and with maybe venting and a set of light holes in it.
They are not allowed to include the plastic valance in the height requirements because it doesn't have any structural ability.

You're talking about a 7" extension minimum....there's just no way to make that look good...especially if you're adding it to the already long OEM valence.

ftast350

Reaction score
What about the 2 horns that bolt onto the frame that are behind that valence? How far down do they go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
How much is the ticket? If its cheap enough I would jsut pay it and take my chances before mounting 8" or crap on the front of my truck.

He needs to do something as this is a small city & he will most likely come across this cop again if he travels threw there much.

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
A custom front bumper might be your best option.I sure dont miss that town,used to work there.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Are the laws better if the truck is licensed over 10K lbs? If so I would just get new plates

dangerous1

Reaction score
I would just make up an outfitter sticker, make the GVRW like 11,000# and stick it on the door jam.

Latest posts

Members online