Lowering the 6.4 for 2014....

98stratusryder

Reaction score
First of all its a leveled 08 F350 CCSB.

Heres what I'm thinking....
1. Stock front springs with a 250 block in the rear and 305/55s.
or
2. 5.4 (4800#) springs up front and no block in the rear and 305/50s.

**Both of these are going to be with 305/50s or 305/55s on my stock 8-spoke wheels, and eventually I'll be getting a set of 20x12 wheels around March.

I have a few questions before I start ordering parts...
- Will there be any issues running 305/50s or 55s with my stock wheels?
- Where can I buy the u-bolts needed for both setups?
- Which shocks should I be looking into buying with either setup?

I've been searching for the past couple days with no luck. Does anyone have pictures of the stock 8-spoke 20"s with 305/50s and 305/55s?

Lastly if you have any of these setups and you are wanting to sell let me know, thanks.

98stratusryder

Reaction score
Here is a crappy picture of my truck...

IMAG0384.jpg

Nic

Reaction score
Not sure how the 6.4 will be, but I have an 04 6.0 that I lowered myself. Took the block and overload spring out of the rear. Sits dead even. Mine is on 325/65 18s. A little rub in the front but not much. Got my U bolts ordered through the auto parts store.

Nic

Reaction score
Another Idea you could do if youre handy, take measurements of the lowered profile, get a small pipe cutter and cut youre stock ubolts down and thread them the rest of the way. I was going to do the same thing before I ordered new ones but our auto parts store wasnt going to get the new threader kit in for another month and I had the truck tore down already.

98stratusryder

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys. It's time for new tires, and I don't feel like spending $500x4, and I want a different look for a while.

switchmode

Reaction score
Another Idea you could do if youre handy, take measurements of the lowered profile, get a small pipe cutter and cut youre stock ubolts down and thread them the rest of the way. I was going to do the same thing before I ordered new ones but our auto parts store wasnt going to get the new threader kit in for another month and I had the truck tore down already.

This won't work because a majority of ubolts threads are rolled not cut by a die. When threads are rolled the material of the ubolt is usually a tadd bit smaller due to the way the thread is created via rolling. Basically you won't end up with anywhere close to enough thread depth. Using new ubolts is good practice the threads tend to gall and corrode over time.

Latest posts

Members online