LPFP Failure - 2011 F250

Bullet 21

Reaction score
I had a stock LPFP fail over the weekend while towing 12k. Cruising down the interstate and the truck just shut off. The only CEL was for a P228e - fuel pressure regulator 1 exceeded learning limits - too low. Luckily it happened 1 mile from a big city and not out in the middle of no where. I couldn't safely do anything on the interstate due to a narrow breakdown lane and guardrail, I crawled under from passenger side and could not hear or feel the pump running so I called for a tow. Once back at the shop I turned the key on and could not hear pump running so I crawled under and hit the pump with my hand and it started running, I hit the key and the truck fired up. I let it idle 10 min and crawled back under and hit the pump and it quit and the truck died. I checked the electrical connections and they were fine, so I located a new pump and changed it and the filters and drove 3 hours home.

I tried to track down a H&S LPFP kit but none of the diesel shops around had one in stock. So I had to buy a stock replacement from the local Ford dealer.

Anyway, the truck is a 2011, I am assuming its a job 2 truck? The build date was 1/12/2011. It has 97,000 miles on it now, this is the first issue that I have had with it. It runs very well with a 363sxe, piping kit, ppei tuning, etc.

Is there a need to worry that the failed LPFP could have damaged anything else in the fuel system when it failed?

Last edited:

Bullet 21

Reaction score
I thought about that but it was 5pm on Friday when I broke down, I reckon Mike would have been able to send it from Cali for Saturday delivery though.....

Latest posts

Members online