Madmans build thread

madman1234509

Reaction score
The front Pump has a line that goes to the pump in the valley, and a line that goes to the passenger side rail. I guess what happened is a plunger failed and locked everything up. Any chance material got into the stock pump? Should I clean both rails out? Also can someone clean out the injectors or just flow test them? How long would it take for bad injector symptoms to arrise? Seemed to run fine while I limped off the main road after the pulley came off.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this. It's one thing when you have a 1000+ HP truck and you throw a rod, but I hate seeing happen when it is something stupid like this. Good luck.

Reaction score
If your wondering how much came out ... Either drain the tank or stick a borascope down there and look for metal. Metal will go in return track back to the tank that would give u an idea of how much it shelled .

madman1234509

Reaction score
Well, I have 2 injectors with broken pins. And 3 nozzles that are plugged up with garbage. Not sure if you can buy nozzles individually? Needless to say, the truck will be sitting a bit while I accumulate some funds to keep buying parts. I did have a local machine shop make me a pulley. Matches perfectly to the one original.

madman1234509

Reaction score
The truck was getting some love this weekend. 2 new fuel pumps went on, both from Sunrise Ford. One of which actually appeared to be new and not a reman, no signs of use at all. The other one was obviously different with different packaging and bolts/nuts covering the ports. Injectors came back from Rykan Holder with a clean bill of health. Truck is currently running. Onnly issue that my buddy ran into was the 4 link kit I picked up seems to push the front axle too far forward, about an inch too far to be exact. So that is getting modified and will be on in the next day or so. Can't wait to get it back, it's been down since September!

Attachments

• 20160312_205848.jpg
    20160312_205848.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
  • 20160312_182548.jpg
    20160312_182548.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 124
  • 9806.jpg
    9806.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 135

Black AOD

Reaction score
The truck was getting some love this weekend. 2 new fuel pumps went on, both from Sunrise Ford. One of which actually appeared to be new and not a reman, no signs of use at all. The other one was obviously different with different packaging and bolts/nuts covering the ports. Injectors came back from Rykan Holder with a clean bill of health. Truck is currently running. Onnly issue that my buddy ran into was the 4 link kit I picked up seems to push the front axle too far forward, about an inch too far to be exact. So that is getting modified and will be on in the next day or so. Can't wait to get it back, it's been down since September!

Looking good! I've always liked this truck since I saw it for the first time and met you at TS last year.

You going to be at TS again this year?

Jbird

Reaction score
The paint on that truck looks brand new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madman1234509

Reaction score
The truck has been sitting outside since it broke, it actually has a lot of dust and grime on it right now. The paint has plenty of blemishes and imperfections, after all it is driven quite a bit and has 100k on it. But clean and in the right light it looks awesome. Thanks guys! Just stopped by today quick. He just got done fabbing and mounting a windshield washer reservoir which we've been meaning to do since the turbo set up was done.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Most likely will not be at TS this year. After all of the online drama we changed our plans and decided to go to Rudys spring event which means I probably won't have the time or money to spend on travelling to TS. Might try to hit Scheids though, never been due to the horror stories that we all hear, but I'd like to go at least once.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Most likely will not be at TS this year. After all of the online drama we changed our plans and decided to go to Rudys spring event which means I probably won't have the time or money to spend on travelling to TS. Might try to hit Scheids though, never been due to the horror stories that we all hear, but I'd like to go at least once.
It's worth going at least once.

Looking forward to seeing this run this year!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

devdiesel

Reaction score
We'll see you down there Wayne, book a couple rooms at the holiday inn express last night!

Rob said the trucks running well, it's always a good feeling to hear them run again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madman1234509

Reaction score
It sure is man, you have no idea! Looking forward to hanging out! Rob is pretty excited to get out of town and down there to see everyone as well. If you're racing and need a hand down there let us know!

NY_Mott

Reaction score
60 pages of reading later all I can say is WOW what an awesome build.
Not sure how I over looked it prior to today but sure happy I'm upto date.
I'm also in N.Y. hope to see you and this beast at an event one day..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

madman1234509

Reaction score
So some bad news.... put about 1000 miles on the truck the couple weeks before rudys to make sure everything was fine, with no issues. 300-400 miles into the trip, without warning the truck committed suicide. Cruise control at 75mph something in the bottom end let go and littered pistons or rods all over I81 in southern PA. My buddies truck literally was peppered with pieces of the inside of my engine :p . Very odd. Truck was running great with no obvious issues or noises. Definitely punched at least one hole in the block as there was oil and antifreeze pouring out like a faucet.

So after I figure out how we are going to get the truck home from PA, it'll be torn apart to figure out what we need. Fingers crossed that my ported heads are ok and I just need to find a buildable short block. Then time to save for parts.... Truck will be out for the rest of the season to say the least.