MADPOWERSTROKE

04redcrew

Reaction score
my buddy that had his truck tuned by mark at danville with stock sticks and injectors, but a lift pump i think he layed right around 535. I think it was the highest tuned stock truck that mark had tuned at the time

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Mad's turbo's are awesome. The members we have testing them are very impressed. Not one of us have re-tuned our trucks. We dropped the turbo in and went. I can't wait to post some numbers for you guys. I can tell you right now the "Little Boy" builds boost ridiculously fast and runs much smoother than stock. Stabbing the peddle from a dead stop results in stock like lag, maybe a hair less and then the boost shoots up to around 30psi and the tires go up in smoke. From a roll the lag is non-exsistant. There is a puff of smoke when you punch it from a stop, but the turbo spools quick and until you lift at WOT it's squeaky clean, no smoke. For the record I am running stock injectors. I love this turbo.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
When I went undercover to the darkside(duramax forums)the Duramax LBZ and LLY lay down 500-525 on stock injectors.The gt4094va stage 2 with 30% more fuel puts down 600,and with extra lift pumps and other supporting mods 650-700.Just to give an idea of power the Duramax makes using the stock and upgraded turbos from Garrett.I'm also glad to hear that the guys at GDPA are happy with what I gave them to use.I to want to see the dyno numbers,here in Mississippi near Memphis TN,there isn't any dyno for me to use.I also know of a guy and on this forum that is running the Durastroke LBZ with 190cc injectors he just put in.IMO 190 for this turbo is too much and he knows it too,but he is standing by for the next bigger one I build.I'am going to have a talk with Dozers I was going to go 205cc,but I'm not sure.I have 175cc now and might just replace the bad injector with another 175cc to run on the next bigger turbo,just to see what kind of rwhp I can get.Then switch to 205 for the biggest turbo I have plans for.I know that 190's on the other truck will lay down a bigger number but,hell I don't care about that,I win either way since I'm the guy who made the turbo.:ford:

amarillo250

Reaction score
Hurry up I like to see one in my hands. Mwilbur516 can you show some pics or data sheets yet. I'm soo looking forward to this, the Pmax doesnt cut it anymore.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Got some shots of the SCT today while driving to show temps. The problem is that as soon as I'd take my eyes off the road to take a pic, my right foot would become heavy and I'd gain 10+mph, then lift and screw up my numbers. The engine reacts very quickly to any peddle movement and starts gaining speed.

Anyways, I was trying for a 60mph EGT# and a 80mph EGT#. The first picture was taken at around 65. At 65mph today my average temp was around 575-600* cruising. The second pic was at 78mph after running up to 85mph then dropping back to 75mph and trying to gain speed to get back to 80mph. PITA. At 80mph today my temps hung 650-700*. You can see the the air temp as well. These pictures were taken on I-185N between Fort Benning and La Grange GA. Anyone who knows this area, knows that there is very little flat road. Both pics were taken with my incline meter showing a slight uphill grade.

I also noticed that out on the hwy, the truck seemed to settle in at around 75-80mph as opposed to the 65mph it liked before.

Attachments

• sct3.JPG
    sct3.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 59
  • sct2.JPG
    sct2.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
BTW, for the guys reading voltage, what are your average readings? Mine hang between 13.5 and 13.7. That just seems low. Thoughts?

strokin6L

Reaction score
that voltage reading is fine. depends on what you have running also(heat, A/C, lights, radio or all of above). Mine is mostly between 13.6-14.2...but at times i see it dip to 13.4 or so depending on what i have on. I added larger battery cables to my truck that piggy back the stock ones...seemed to help a little bit.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Well I hooked up the laptop to the truck and went for a ride while measuring exhaust back pressure. I called Bill @ PHP and called out numbers while he ran calculations. After the numbers were run we came up with between 1.26:1 and 1.35:1 at WOT. The first run came out to 1.16:1 at WOT but the readings were more consistent to between 1.26:1 and 1.35:1 for the rest of the testing. The ambient air temp was about 80*.

SamW

Reaction score
I have a set of 205s that are going in this weekend... hopefully to stay. if you are looking for any more testers. Just saying but sounds like there is a line!

Keanoknick

Reaction score
I'd love to get my hands on one of these to run with my 195's, please PM me some pricing. What's the expected availability date of these looking like?

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I'd love to get my hands on one of these to run with my 195's, please PM me some pricing. What's the expected availability date of these looking like?
Whenever the Mad Scientist thinks we've abused, I mean "tested" these thing enough.

In all honesty, Adrian could release these thing right now and have enough orders to make him a nice chunk of money, but he wants to complete the testing before release. He cares about our trucks and our wallets. These things have to meet his standards before they go out. Believe me, we're doing the best we can as "testers". I try everyday to do some kind of driving and a little write up on my experience.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.